Hot tap in garage

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Having a new combi boiler fitted tomorrow in the garage, to replace the one that blowed up just before new year.
While they are doing all the pipework i'm going to ask for them to put a tee and valve in the hot water delivery pipe, so i can run a hot water tap in the garage.
Makes sense to me, will save running to the kitchen to fill a bucket of hot water for washing a car.
Seems so simple, but so uncommon!...or is it?

amyzoe

We'll I've been plumbing and heating for 30 years and not been asked for a hot tap in the garage, have installed a few sinks in a garage thou.i might have to put myself one in !!!!!

allandwf

Good idea, I did that at mine, fitted a metal sink as well. Saves getting moaned at for washing my hands in the kitchen! ;)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Was thinking of a hand sink and also a hot tap next to the existing cold tap already in the garage, bucket on the floor job.

Ewan

Fit a hot top on the outer wall as well, connected to a hose. I have this and use it to clear ice/snow covered windscreens on winter mornings, fill the kids play pool in the summer, wash the BBQ, etc.

rockits

Is hot water on a cold/frozen screen a good idea? Never do it myself but XJ, RRS and Freelander all have nice heated front screens so not so much of an issue.
Was interested in the manual 4200 at Sytner the other week that was sold. Apparently had a chip in the screen. One of the guys was asked to move the car......defrosted it the quick way.....chip then became crack across screen leaving supposed £1300 bill for new screen!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
My dad always used to use hot water straight from the kettle!
Would never myself, but have used warm water in the past but if it's that cold, warm water quickly freezes too.
You can't beat a good scraper at the end of the day!

alfatwo

Was thinking of a hand sink and also a hot tap next to the existing cold tap already in the garage, bucket on the floor job.

It would be nice to have garage to fit a tap in..

Living in a conservation area you've got no chance!

This makes up for it though,although there no garage there either... maxi_int_1_301096.jpg

Dave

c4sman

Fitted a hot tap in the garage a few years ago. Makes a huge difference for winter washing as much less daunting when your hands are in nice warm water!

Contigo

Sponsor
You can buy small heaters to plumb into cold pipes and they hear on demand. My mate did it at a unit so he could run his detailing business. You can then use hot water to the pressure washer then!

safrane

water to clear a icy windscreen only needs to be a few degrees above freezing to melt the frost.