Watches again

CatmanV2

I race yachts :) and the standard start sequence is 10 minutes - so I'm guessing its a count down timer for that.

It's a regatta count down timer for Yacht races. Not that I'll ever use it. Just like it.

Next to the dribble button, I hate looking at this thread there are so many engineering masterpieces on it = Nearly as bad as Dickies website

Cheaper though. Mostly :)

C

outrun

I don’t have a Yachtmaster Dave, although I quite like the platinum bezel one. I do prefer Tudor though as Rolex is a bit of a cliche for me.

I’d like a Chopard Mille Miglia when the cash flow allows. I also like the old brand Glycine who make some very reasonably priced stuff. Oh, and I’m a fan of the Art Deco style of Dubey & Schaldenbrand too.

Must put those lotto numbers on....

D Walker

Athol, my mistake, fleeting glances,
My daily is a Glycine Combat pro, I'd like am Airman as well,
I've a couple of Stowa's and C.Wards, my reasoning is why spend 3,4,5k on a watch when i can have 3,4,5,6.7 more !!!
Still only one "skinny" wrist tho'

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
These days I wear mostly my South Korea imported LG Watch Sport android wear smartwatch!
As well as all the smartwatch stuff, still amazes me that I can have a watch on my wrist that is also a complete standalone 4G mobile phone with its own sim card!
If I wish I can make it look like an Omega/Rolex/Tag!

G

Guest 1678

Christopher Ward as a daily

3F78DB90-15CA-44B2-BE35-0E43D282CCBE.jpg

And my keeper a Rolex AirKing with a Roman Numeral white face that I bought with my first bonus 23 years ago.

Geo

Here's how I received my pal's Seamster to fIx.................a three dimensional jigsaw!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Finished result.

IMG_1333.jpg

Geo

You rebuilt it from scratch? You have previous experience in this?

I did build it from scratch because that was how my friend had it handed back to him from a .......... watchmaker! The the movement had been water damaged and the watchmaking guy put the parts in rust remover with devastating result. There was £320 worth of new parts required.

Regarding experience, YouTube is a wonderful thing. I'm a mechanical engineer and took up watch repair as a hobby about five years ago.

Vampyrebat

My father-in-law was a mechanical engineer and when he retired he took up buying, repairing and selling on antique long case clocks and pocket watches..........you both have a screw loose (but would probably know how to fix that)!! I take my hat off to you both!!

CatmanV2

I did build it from scratch because that was how my friend had it handed back to him from a .......... watchmaker! The the movement had been water damaged and the watchmaking guy put the parts in rust remover with devastating result. There was £320 worth of new parts required.

Regarding experience, YouTube is a wonderful thing. I'm a mechanical engineer and took up watch repair as a hobby about five years ago.

Serious respect, there. I can't even see the bloody screws most of the time these, days. I know the right tools help, but, seriously well done!

C

Mattp

Here's how I received my pal's Seamster to fIx.................a three dimensional jigsaw!

View attachment 46970

View attachment 46971

View attachment 46972

Finished result.

View attachment 46973

that is insane! if that was my watch I'd be sick... if someone handed that tub of bits to me, well.. I'd certainly make it worse! hats off, that is some seriously good work there!

Im unlikely to visit the moon, but on the off chance that I do - at least Im happy that I could still tell the time! and to think, I once thought that Speedy Pro looked big!

y4mYy4-jzOaTj-Pui_91gCmNOPLW6qgeb4AKd5Ji6BZTGiua1FGuSU8xwgXtdY19R6_Atae8khyf2MGD-jpqqAhdiHpnTyap_NLQQhhK2ZPIaJyoOMFS19Ce-aR5WR7Z42gj84CcuMurpd06wl0MvrExOQ67wqeey4O25LgHpWRkcuoax3_XT81GV9_YOK0VeAXjk0L2FLKdiaZSxwa8uQBYQ