Brera

StuartW

Thanks Dem......It will have a new MOT when I come back from holiday....Just the tidying up of the paint wheels etc that someone will need to do...Plus it only has 71k on the clock.

Too bad it has to go Andy, it's a good looking car but needs must and good luck with sale

Classico

I owned the 3.2 version.

Didn't mind the GM/Alfa engine tbh.

Main gripe was the heavy fuel consumption due to the weight.

Barely 300kms on a full tank. The GT has better mileage!

allandwf

You want cheap mine will be up for sale after I get back from holiday but it needs work. I bought it as a project but now I have a company car just never got around to it. Needs paint on bonnet, front bumper and side sills, wheel refurb and driver seat stitched. When I had quotes for the work it was around £1000 for it all. But that will be factored into the asking price as will only want 3k for her. Or perhaps I need to keep her and turn her into a track car......mentioned that to Liz but fell on deaf ears...something to do with needing new windows for the house.
Thanks Andy, slight change of plan, I'll use the AC when I'm home and fix the GTV, should be able to get it running and tidied on what I would have spent on another car. Thats the plan for today anyway! lol

highlander

Thanks Andy, slight change of plan, I'll use the AC when I'm home and fix the GTV, should be able to get it running and tidied on what I would have spent on another car. Thats the plan for today anyway! lol

i like that plan! man maths at it's best ;)

Corranga

You're welcome to have a look around my 159 if you think it'll help. Virtually identical to the Brera up to the back of the front doors, with the exception of the bumper and badge surround I reckon. Interior is virtually identical too.

I don't know how they compare to drive, the 159 is nice, but not great imo, front heavy, in fact, heavy in general.. Mine is the 1.9 diesel.
Still, prettiest saloon this side of a QP in my eyes :)

jamhot77

I use one as a daily driver to station to keep miles off the gs! Really like it, most solid Alfa I have owned. I opted for 2.4 diesel and that's pretty quiet. Still looks good for a diesel, I would recommend

806ffb9a024c718d6bf4e09943111c02.jpg
3d29a26a25f387dacc68d21e6cdcc072.jpg
844fc36590f1651ee1086c70df10a6ac.jpg

Andyk

You don't have a high pressure fuel pump sat around for the 2.4 diesel do you ? ;-) .... Need one for mine and finding it hard to get one..Alfa want over £1000 for one which is scary. There are so many different type apparently that finding one is like a needle in a hay stack.....Have to get Alfaman on the case after my holiday me thinks.

By the way your Brera looks lovely on those Brera S wheels....One of my favourite wheels I think.

Andy Marshall

We have a Brera Spider (2.2) and Maserati 4200 Spyder. Both cars are nice. But only one is a truly rapid drive, and it isn't the Alfa. The Alfa just feels heavy and the engine, whilst torquey lacks any real character. Well made though, and a nice place for a long journey.
MPG wise the Alfa gets mid 20s, the Maserati low 20s, (or high teens if you press on) . Personally, I'd take a 4200gt over a Brera every day of the week.

allandwf

Well the itch didn't go away so picked this up today. Thanks to Greg for doing an initial recce. 3.2 V6 Q4 with Qtronic. Quite impressed.
DSC_2486.jpgDSC_2484.jpg

allandwf

Will do. It actually sounds very nice. As a side story, the mother gave daughter money to go and buy a car, and she came home with the Brera!! Great taste, but not quite what she had in mind though :)

allandwf

Brera's not a Busso, pretty close, but not pure Alfa. I have two 3.0 Bussos and apart from visuals, ( the busso is a distictive and pretty motor,) there's not a lot in it.

rockits

I was aware the Brera was the GM lump but thought it was not a patch on the Busso. Is the GM unit OK or Busso suggested?

My Busso itch seems likely to be via a GT.

Corranga

Beautiful :)

It's criminal that Giugiaro was bought by 'all our cars look the same' Audi :(
I was shopping for a first car for my brother in law recently, very nearly bought him a Pundo Grande. Would have looked great sitting with my 159 and 4200! ;)

Chris