Qp gts

Ewan

IMG_4033.jpg
IMG_4022.jpg
IMG_4036.jpg
IMG_4031.jpg

For the launch of the new QP VI at Maranello in Egham, they decided to display examples of the previous QP's, and used my GTS to showcase the series V cars.

I have to say, they did a lovely job cleaning her and even the legend that is John Surtees had a go!

Great evening.

StuartW

That does look fantastic Ewan & I have to say, the lines are much more sleek than the VI to my eyes

Andyk

Ewan, just the best looking QP.....Colour and interior is just perfect....Have you had the grill de-chromed ?

Ewan

Ewan, just the best looking QP.....Colour and interior is just perfect....Have you had the grill de-chromed ?

On the GTS the front grill is black, but the surround is chrome. On mine this surround was de-chromed by the previous owner, to better match the other de-chromed GTS bits such as window surrounds and exhaust tips. Looks good to me, so I've kept it that way.

At the event I saw more people looking at the old cars rather than the new one! The facelift QP VI looks good from the front, but not very interesting from behind. And it's still just a big barge with too little style or interior quirkiness or quality to make it a proper Maserati. To me, it simply isn't special enough. That said, I suppose it could be argued that it's more interesting than a BMW, Audi, etc., so a few will buy it. But clearly, sales of this model will drop yet further when the Levante appears, and I chatted to one chap that night who is part-ex'ing his 1 years old QP VI for a new Levante.

bigbob

Your car looks great. The QPVI makes sense as a used buy and is nice enough in that context. It's not that relevant to the UK mind.

I see quite a few Ghiblis' these days and it's size is just right and it's styling is sufficiently different to the German/Jag offerings to pull people in. Still wish they offered 4WD in RHD mind.

Andyk

Thanks Ewan....Would have said leave the front grill alone if someone said that they were going to have it back but seeing your it looks stunnng.

murph7355

Stunning.

And a photo of John Surtees in your car too...(I was about to ask if you were John Surtee's look a like!).

Michael

Ewan,

I love your car, is it a 4.2 or 4.7? I'm really tempted to get one to go with my 4.2 GT.

Michael

Ewan

It's the 4.2 version. As much as I'd like the extra grunt and sound of the later 4.7, I'm not overly keen on the look of the "facelift" version of the GTS.

Michael

It's the 4.2 version. As much as I'd like the extra grunt and sound of the later 4.7, I'm not overly keen on the look of the "facelift" version of the GTS.

I agree, there are a couple of black with black on the market, I would prefer blue/cream does anyone have a view on how many of these are in the UK?

Michael

Hi Timpani,

On the basis that the QPV ceased in 2012, looking at your link, only 105 in total of 4.2 and 4.7 came to the UK? Am I reading that correctly? Thx

Michael

timpani

yes you read correctly
but 42 registered in 2008 so 42 4.2s and 63 4.7s after that as 4.2 was changed with facelift in early 2009 to 4.7 engine but retained GTS designation
so we have a rare car the pre facelift model
i sought mine out half knowing this and turned down a couple of post facelift 4.2s and 4.7S models for similar money
wish ine was as blemish free as yours though

Andyk

Ewan, do you have any more pictures of her you could share....Would love to see them if you get chance to post some.