Stolen!!!

2b1ask1

Special case
Woke up this morning to find the Maserati and the Mito have been stolen!!!

More in a bit!

2b1ask1

Special case
Yes, one set of keys taken (house broken into) nothing else taken except the cars. Mine: blue 4200 N3OOF with wrapped wings on silver wheels with winter tyres.

Mito black just 1,000 miles old!

image.jpg

Slowly

A friend had his keys literally fished, with a rod or similar from his hall table through the letterbox. Ever since, though our hall table isn't accessible from the letterbox, I've insisted that all keys are kept in an unusual and unexpected place - of course the disadvantage of that is that if they were to want the car sufficiently (unlikely for our cars) they might wake you up and "encourage" you to provide them. Quite often the OH doesn't put them in the correct place but then as she can't find them, I doubt they could either! Hope all turns out well - there have been happy stolen car endings on here recently.

2b1ask1

Special case
Definitely organised, cannot see damage from the break in, didn't hear them, two dogs didn't hear them and more amazingly didn't hear the Mas starting up which surprised even the neighbours!

IMG_9300.jpg

zagatoes30

FFS that is not good, where from ? location?

Hope you get them back especially the Maser otherwise you might have problems reusing the plate. Some years ago a car near us was stolen with a very early plate, the car was never recovered and the DVLA wouldn't release the plate for re-use until it it had, hopefully things have moved on since then

conaero

Forum Owner
CCTV is everywhere that would be the obvious starting point.

Hopefully they will simply turn up Undamaged in a couple of days, I mean, what can they do with your 4200? The network is so tight it won't be possible to sell it?

Dan!

A friend had his keys literally fished, with a rod or similar from his hall table through the letterbox. Ever since, though our hall table isn't accessible from the letterbox, I've insisted that all keys are kept in an unusual and unexpected place - of course the disadvantage of that is that if they were to want the car sufficiently (unlikely for our cars) they might wake you up and "encourage" you to provide them. Quite often the OH doesn't put them in the correct place but then as she can't find them, I doubt they could either! Hope all turns out well - there have been happy stolen car endings on here recently.

Having had cars stolen off the drive after people broke in and took the keys, I leave my keys in plain sight.

After hearing stories from the police of how people have been woken up to find a boiling kettle being held over a child's head in order to get the keys, they're welcome to help themselves and leave me and my family sleeping.

keith

Most insurance companies will replace a car less than a year old with a new identical car, so looks like at least you will be ok with the Mito.
Hopefully you will get decent pay out on the Maserati.
Best of luck.