Parking sensors

Gp79

Has anyone tried a BMW parking sensor to replace a failed original Maser one?

Just tried one from an E39 which looks the same but it seems way more sensitive than the others?

Now ordered a proper one from Eurospares to see how that goes, 4 X the price though... Plus I've got to paint it.

Removing the rear bumper was a right pain, some one said an hour tops, certainly felt longer than that

CatmanV2

Has anyone tried a BMW parking sensor to replace a failed original Maser one?

Just tried one from an E39 which looks the same but it seems way more sensitive than the others?

Now ordered a proper one from Eurospares to see how that goes, 4 X the price though... Plus I've got to paint it.

Removing the rear bumper was a right pain, some one said an hour tops, certainly felt longer than that

I replaced all four of mine. They work just fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-FIAT-P...OR-4PS0105S-/321426649957?hash=item4ad6857365

C

Gp79

That is good to know cheers, think all 4 must be the same then including paint thickness.

Gp79

Plugged the BMW one in and the system then worked, beeping etc and all 4 making the cracking / buzzing noise.

But the BMW one seemed to be very sensitive compared to the other three, maybe the other 3 are goosed!

Covering the other 3 it would not give the constant tone, only covering the new BMW one would do this, so it didn't make any sense,

will see what the genuine one is like and report back.

But your link to 4 new ones makes a lot of sense, maybe go that route if no luck.

Cheers

miket

Replaced all 4 of mine with a generic kit with the correct overall diameter for the hole in the bumper, works fine looks fine cost £13.99 delivered, go figure.....

Gp79

To close the thread after painting the BMW sensor works exactly the same as the rest, so happy days job done.

Luckily was able to cancel the order from eurospares, helped as Italy on a 3 week holiday, I wonder why the Italians live longer???

midlifecrisis

A lot of the factories shutdown for a month in summer too.
If you have anything Italian make sure your covered for August as you won't get anything till September.

rockits

I used the Alfa ones on the 4200 last year. They are 50 quid a set of 4 I think whereas the Maserati ones are 50 quid each. They are on the alternative parts thread I think.

safrane

No volume adjustment unlike modern cars.

You could re- position it or check the sound iinsulation is not covering the sounder.

redsonnylee

Only an XPipe so not loud, not thought about the insulation will check this later tks. I’ll be at the Ace later so will ask someone else to listen in case it’s my hearing.