Where do you live and what do you do ?

stewarttownsend

Evening

Not knowing anyone in person and being a network tart then I thought do a quick poll of where majority live and what exciting jobs/business you are involved in

Me

Live in Barrowford - it's outside the M25 :) near Burnley where the first witch was burnt and Quakers formed

I work in London at a customer service SaaS company called Zendesk

Spend a few days in London or where ever waffling in order to build alliance/channel across Europe

Don't have a lot of time to do my own thing but I also run global events in Big Data and part own a charity school for 14-16 year olds that require 1:1 education ( hence working in London need to pay the bills as govn certainly doesn't !!)

allandwf

I'm in Scotland, work offshore, construction/commissioning Instrument Tech. Away for 2 weeks, and back for a 3 week long weekend!

CatmanV2

Harlow. Ubergeek. (Head of Operations for Experian Data Quality), based in London, but also Costa Mesa, Boston, New York and Kuala Lumpur.

C

CliveP1

Lincolnshire. graphic artist local newspaper 20 years in Essex, worked for the family in Surrey, supply music for film and TV. now full time carer for my wife.

rossyl

I run a charity supporting various petrol stations. I do this mainly across North London but have recently widened the outreach program to France, Italy and Switzerland.

dem maser

I live in England (within the M25 haha) North London......I sell property to anyone who can get a mortgage

Parisien

Its all gone to pot again.......oh well........houses prices here in NI Dem haven't recovered much.....however in Dublin, some areas have gone up 25% in one year whilst the prices are falling in other areas of the RoI........

P

dem maser

London has not been affected......the country has declined but a 3 bed terrace in a **** area is 450k, in a decent area its 600k....what do you need for your average family house? 700k min.....

Parisien

Utterly crazy....but thats the market, totally out of touch with rest of economy, hence why those who live inside M25 should pay 75% income tax......;)

P

Lee Jones Jnr

I live in Staffordshire.
Was a professional boxer until diagnosed with cancer.
Have a few shops, a boxing and fitness gym, a couple of newspapers and a comedy club.

CliveP1

property prices are completely ****** up. we are lucky never had to have a mortgage, but honestly can't see this country is ever going to recover.

Contigo

Sponsor
It's simple, future generations will only inherit a property and those who don't will have to rent. It cannot maintain the rate of growth it has done where there is such a disparity between average wages and average house prices.

conaero

Forum Owner
What I do:
Own and run a small graphic design company which has evolved into a web company over the past 10 years.
Off the back of this I am the current custodian of this wonderfull forum.

About me:
43 year old car obsessive, married to teenage sweetheart, Rachel and have 2 girls, Harriet aka Harry (15) and Freya aka The Moog (10). Live in Chichester but originally from Fair Oak/Winchester having also spent 10 years in Guildford.

What I want to do:
Retire in 4 years, or rather step back from the business. Put my time into growing this forum, buying and restoring cars and renovate a farm in The Loire valley, France and spend some of my time there educating the French in the way of the English petrohead.

That's me, your turn...