Granturismo Bluetooth Music connectivity

DougieMc

Guys not sure if you lot are already aware
I was wondering if it worked and it has.

Basically my mate I knew had a bluetooth dongle for his Bose Ipod speaker station at home.
So I asked him to bring it with him to ace Cafe the other night.
So was able to plug this little dongle into the Glovebox lead of the Ipod connection and was able to stream my Iphone music through it.

So for £4 on ebay Im now fully connected.

Ive just ordered one for myself,
You guys may already know but it was a mega cheap mod that works

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Can you control the iPod/phone/whatever using the controls in the car with this gadget, Dougie? And does it display the current track/album on the car display screen?Maserati sell a lead which lets you do that but it's about a 100 pounds, IIRC. I have the basic lead which charges the devices and connects it to the stereo / aux but if you want to select a particular track you need to reach across to the device. Which is a bad thing.

DougieMc

Ive ordered one the same so bare with me
When it arrives in the week i will check what it is able to do and also confirm which one Ive bought
What I remember ( as I was driving )was it was through the Aux selection on screen so not controllable
But main thing is it can sit in the centre console so can be easily controlled from there on the phone

DougieMc

Ok guys my Bluetooth dongle arrived
Basically by connecting it to my Ipod cable in the glove box
Then pairing my iphone to it I am able to use the Aux on the car to stream my music via bluetooth
As mentioned above you still have to work everything from your phone but at least your phone doesn't have to be in the glovebox as per the cable.

Here is a link to the one I purchased £6 but there are cheaper around but may take time to come from afar.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151256271521&globalID=EBAY-GB

Hope this helps some people.

Lee Jones Jnr

Before I prise it off and break something, my GT has a rectangular plastic rectangle in the glovebox. Is this a cover for the aux in or was aux in connectors in the glovebox an option that I don't have?

DougieMc

Before I prise it off and break something, my GT has a rectangular plastic rectangle in the glovebox. Is this a cover for the aux in or was aux in connectors in the glovebox an option that I don't have?

My car has Factory Ipod connector which is the aux in and also the Ipod plug/ cable.
Im not sure what you have when you dont have this.
If the connections are there you may just need an USB and aux to Iphone connection which is available on ebay then the bluetooth dongle

I know Maserati would sell you the cable for many many pennies

Hope this helps

S99ANE

Ok guys my Bluetooth dongle arrived
Basically by connecting it to my Ipod cable in the glove box
Then pairing my iphone to it I am able to use the Aux on the car to stream my music via bluetooth
As mentioned above you still have to work everything from your phone but at least your phone doesn't have to be in the glovebox as per the cable.

Here is a link to the one I purchased £6 but there are cheaper around but may take time to come from afar.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151256271521&globalID=EBAY-GB

Hope this helps some people.

Just want to clarify how you did this,

You plugged a standard iphone cable into the usb port in glovebox then attacded the dongle to it?
Or did you use the Masserrati iphone cable?

Would a normal usb a2dp dongle in the usb port been simpler?

DougieMc

Just want to clarify how you did this,

You plugged a standard iphone cable into the usb port in glovebox then attacded the dongle to it?
Or did you use the Masserrati iphone cable?

Would a normal usb a2dp dongle in the usb port been simpler?
The dongle attaches to the Maserati Iphone cable

Lee Jones Jnr

It seems silly to me speccing a 30GB HDD when an ipod connector would be more desirable for most people and cheaper for Maserati to install.

DougieMc

Yeo but remember how old the unit technology is aswell.
I purely stream from deezer so the bluetooth works great for me

bigbob

The HD works well once you have loaded the music. My experience of ipod connectivity on other cars is not encouraging. On one car, a USB stick works far better than an ipod/iphone wired or BT connected and on another the ipod menu system is so complicated that it takes forever to find anything and it always starts back at the first alphabetic album on the ipod when you start the engine.

Lee Jones Jnr

Yeah but its 2014 - I can't remember the last time I even saw a CD. I will get around to burning some discs from itunes and loading up the car at some point.

DougieMc

Yep but with this gadget you just use your iphone or ipod as you would with earphones in so even simpler

bigbob

You are both right but my recollection is that you still need to control the music via the ipod rather than the screen or does this mod get round that?