Gransport remotes both not working

VMSRTI

I picked up my car from having a service done and when I got home could not lock the car or release the boot/trunk using the remote.
Thinking it was the battery, I tried the spare. Both are not working and yet were working perfectly before I dropped it off.
Checked fuse 40 and it is ok.
The technician told me it may have "something to do with a box under the seat and to bring it back next week so they can look at it again".

I can lock /unlock using the key in the door manually and open boot by pressing release button inside glove box but the remotes are not working at all.

I have done a few searches but cannot find anything with the identical issue. Hoping to sort it out myself rather than have to take it back in

Any suggestions????

conaero

Forum Owner
George, that's a new one to me.

The immobiliser is deactivating.

It would appear that the issue would be either with the remote pickup within the car or the code has been wiped due to some sort of software issue during the service.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but do let us know what the issue was?

CatmanV2

George, this isn't likely, but.....

if the remote keys are operated more than (I think) 20 times out of range of the car, the codes change enough that they stop working. The fix is to press the lock / unlock button twice in quick succession which re-synchs everything. Might work, might not...

C

conaero

Forum Owner
One thing you could do is, in range, press and hold the unlock button down till the indicators flash or you get a tone, this used to resync on Alfas, and it would not surprise me if its the same system.

Last edited:

VMSRTI

One thing you could do is, in range, press and hold the unlock button down till the indicators flash or you get a tone, this used to resync on Alfas, and it would not surprise me if its the same system.

George, this isn't likely, but.....

if the remote keys are operated more than (I think) 20 times out of range of the car, the codes change enough that they stop working. The fix is to press the lock / unlock button twice in quick succession which re-synchs everything. Might work, might not...

C
:frown::0036:

Sad to say no luck.

Maser Sod

You could always disconnect the battery for 10 mins and see whether it does anything? I really doubt it will, but it's what I always did whenever I experienced gremlins. I would also always plug in an OBDII scanner to see if there are any stored errors. But, again, it may not help you in this case.

Coxy13

Hey mate,

Gary Maserati up here in QLD had the very same issue. He ended up leaving it over night and it came good the next day, but I would go with what Maser Sod said, and D/C the battery (I'd leave it overnight) and try again in the morning. Also check battery level in the key itself.

Hope to be helpful.

Tim

VMSRTI

You could always disconnect the battery for 10 mins and see whether it does anything? I really doubt it will, but it's what I always did whenever I experienced gremlins. I would also always plug in an OBDII scanner to see if there are any stored errors. But, again, it may not help you in this case.

Hey mate,

Gary Maserati up here in QLD had the very same issue. He ended up leaving it over night and it came good the next day, but I would go with what Maser Sod said, and D/C the battery (I'd leave it overnight) and try again in the morning. Also check battery level in the key itself.

Hope to be helpful.

Tim

Thanks MaserSod and Tim. I have now disconnected battery and will check in the morning. Really hoping this saves a trip back to the workshop !
I'll report back.

VMSRTI

The battery disconnect did not work unfortunately.
I took it back to the workshop. After half an hour or so of dismantling/checking etc, I was summoned and told it was the
Remote controlled car alarm that is faulty and that I would need to buy a kit which includes the internals from the two ignition keys.
They plugged in one from another car that was in their workshop to show me that it would work with the replacement.
I explained that it was working perfectly up to the morning that I took it in but they insist that it wasn't working when they checked it.
Stalemate!
What is the chance they have stuffed it during the service versus the chance that it just happened to stop working immediately after I dropped it off.
They offered to fit one with free labour but I would need to pay for the part. Haven't checked on line to see how much they are worth, but will try and find one tonight.
This is a pic of the one they borrowed from another car. It came out of a 4200 but says spider on the tag.
image.jpg

VMSRTI

Thanks Contigo I'll send them an email and see what they say. I did ask them if it could be re programmed and they simply said it was faulty, but I just wonder!!!

Contigo

Sponsor
99.9% of the time they lose the pairing. A simple recode fixes this. Meta Alarms are notorious for it. You know how much the whole alarm system from Maserati? £1800+ Eeeeeeekkk!!!

I reckon you should send your two PCB's and alarm unit and have them take a look at it. For £99 it's a no brainer.

dem maser

I had a remote that wouldnt work if i was near a supermarket....something to do with the radios they use

VMSRTI

The nice man (Sam) at abacus (who must be a Maserati fan? Owner? responded as follows:

Just read your post about the remotes not functioning: http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/12700-Gransport-remotes-both-not-working

The garage probably disconnected the battery from the vehicle causing the alarm to loose its memory of the fobs, sometimes this happens sometimes not. Though very rare for the alarm to loose the fob's codes it can happen at any time.

The only option is to send the ECU with the circuit boards to me for re-coding the cost will be £125 plus £14 for fully insured shipping back to you in Australia, I think you have the M8-26 fitted, send it to me with the circuit boards found inside the keyfobs, keep the keyfobs as you can still use the car. I can also supply new fob cct boards if required.

Thanks for the speedy response Sam.

So it seems that simply disconnecting the battery can cause this issue. What a PITA if it happens more than once!
I will get it removed and send to Sam for re programming and hope that sorts it.

Hopefully it is not faulty and in need of replacement as the workshop has suggested.

Come on Sam, Fess up, do you drive a maser?

CatmanV2

Hang on!

How can the old box forget the remote codes and stop working but the new one remember codes it's never been taught?

Unless the dealer is telling you they cannot programe the codes into the old box, something doesn't add up with this proposed fix, in my opinion.

C

VMSRTI

He simply plugged in a different box and used the remote from the other car that correspond to that box and were able to make my car lock and unlock using that remote.