Where do I go from here?

conaero

Forum Owner
If I was looking realistically at the moment I would be in the 458 camp but honestly, I am very happy in the Strad for now and like others have mentioned, an Alfieri S with 500bhp plus is the only thing at the mo that would make us separate.

Been out in a 488 and just did not gel with the turbo setup. Savagely fast but its not all just about that is it?

The 458 is a beautiful machine and about as fast as you need to go but on the flip side the thought of having to go out and buy red trousers is off putting a tad :)

FF1078

Who told you they need so much work?
With free servicing for 7 years, a 2 year main dealer warranty and strong residuals, it's a no brainer if you
Like what they are all about. Get a good inspection from a Ferrari indi (lots of good ones on here).
I can vouch for the Cali 30 if 4 seats are useful, I think they are good everyday cars. If it's two doors then lots of options.
V12 Aston could be an itch. Agree re : lambos.

I've been hovering on another forum and the people on there have to me this, not jst 1 person either.

iainw

If I was looking realistically at the moment I would be in the 458 camp but honestly, I am very happy in the Strad for now and like others have mentioned, an Alfieri S with 500bhp plus is the only thing at the mo that would make us separate.

Been out in a 488 and just did not gel with the turbo setup. Savagely fast but its not all just about that is it?

The 458 is a beautiful machine and about as fast as you need to go but on the flip side the thought of having to go out and buy red trousers is off putting a tad :)

Agree with you matt. I didn't like the 488 drive or sound at all. To save 30-40k and have a N/A is a no brainer for me.

iainw

I've been hovering on another forum and the people on there have to me this, not jst 1 person either.

Would be worrying if the work wasn’t covered under warranty. Worth asking The guys at AV engineering for their honest opinion. Not many people put good news stories on the forums- tales of woe are so much more interesting.

rockits

Or ask Hammond what he thinks of a Rimac!

New Tesla roadster....now I really don't get all that nonsense....0-60 in 1.9 secs in almost silence. I can't think of anything worse.

bigbob

View attachment 46395

As you can see I have no trouble with coloured trousers

Is that the modern version of the itchy tennis **** photo?

Seriously I would take a 458 over a 488 as it is bound to be remembered better in the long run - let's face it many of us have stuck with the GranTurismo to avoid buying turbo engined cars.

allandwf

bigbob

FF1078

That's how I satrted the thread
Would love a 599 but from my investigation Fezza only last 20-30,000 miles before suspension, steering and brake refrub. required which makes ownership very impratcical.
Now to e a 599 is a GT car very much like the GT & Stradale but they would need that much work after the same mileage.
Yes the Fezza is a lot more powerful but I'm not putting money into a an endless bucket.

I'll just keep searching I suppose