Cambiocorsa

zagatoes30

I can't see why you'd buy this car over either of those, as the standard cambiocorsa Spyder is arguably the most flawed Maser of the last (approx) 20 years.

Ouch - a tad harsh IMO, dynamically the Spyder might not be as a rigid as the coupe but it is in no ways floppy. There is scuttle shake particularly on poor roads but suspension keeps the wheels firmly planted on the road and of course it beats all the coupes hands down when the hood is down like all convertibles the lack of roof makes it feel faster and more at one with nature.

As fas as the Auto function on the gearbox is concerned I never used it.

Oldgrognard

I just bought a 2006 GranSport Spyder CC and after three weeks I have not tried the Auto system. I’ve heard it wears the clutch more than CC paddle shifting.

Guess I will have to give that a try in the next couple days.

Wonderful car so far.

MrPea

I just bought a 2006 GranSport Spyder CC and after three weeks I have not tried the Auto system. I’ve heard it wears the clutch more than CC paddle shifting.

Guess I will have to give that a try in the next couple days.

Wonderful car so far.

Indeed a wonderful car. I havent tried the auto mode in mine as it's too much fun changing gears and making noise. Ice mode has been useful a couple of times.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Try the auto mode on the motorway.
Middle lane, no traffic, dry.
Then mash your foot into the carpet.
...and hold on!
The kickdown is something else, which you can't replicate easily yourself for it double declutches and jumps down several gears or more to the perfect gear for maximum acceleration!

D Walker

Dave - it's the same gearbox system as the Strad and GS that you bid on. A manual gearbox, but with no clutch pedal and gear changes by paddle as opposed to a stick. But it's an older system, so not as quick or smooth.

But it's nowhere near the car that the Strad is, nor the GS we discussed, so I find it a little odd that you consider this after thinking if those other two cars. If your budget is approx £60k, buy the Strad. If it's approx £40k, buy the GS. I can't see why you'd buy this car over either of those, as the standard cambiocorsa Spyder is arguably the most flawed Maser of the last (approx) 20 years.

Not sure if you got your Dave's mixed up.....

sospanbach

hello dave, I work on the river so usually go that way round to have a ogle at his cars, and no he wont budge on price believe me I have tried garage I use for my m.o.t.,s tests a lot of his cars and they are superbly clean, I was interested a while ago in his 3.2 gta alfas,

Yes mate I have looked on line at the Alfa's too
The other Masers are interesting also but are all LH Drive which for me is a no no
I will have another look at the Alfa's in a mo I may be tempted
Where about on the river are you based?

sospanbach

based near the tranny pd teesports, skipper on a hydrographic survey launch we do the river and tees bay, alfas are nice they are all autos, he is a lovely chap to talk to I have heard if a number don't sell after a period of time they go to a auction don't know which one tho

sospanbach

small world mate, if your near the river somedays you will see us going back and forth give a wave lol

D Walker

Round the bend at Ineos!
You have to be
I was there when it was Monsanto and the Pink Flamingo

It’s not good, but it puts grub on the table and some extras! Contractor but they are trying to get me to go back on staff....it’s my 3rd stint.....

D Walker

Round the bend at Ineos!
You have to be
I was there when it was Monsanto and the Pink Flamingo

It's not good, but it puts grub on the table and some extras! Contractor but they are trying to get me to go back on staff....it's my 3rd stint.....