Skyhook - reason for its name

Wanderer

Red oil for rear lamp (on railways)

Inner tube for a Zeppelin - have to be really stupid to fall for that one.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Skirting ladder.
A tube of cavity.

One lad did an hour in the store having been sent over for a long weight.

Wanderer

We also wasted many hours by leaving a note on someone's desk to call 0233 xxxxxx or whatever, actually Chester Zoo's number and ask to speak to;

Mr C Lyon
Mr G Raff
Mr Ally Gator

Etc....

allandwf

I worked offshore, and have had many a wheeze to Albert Ross to the helideck, and Russell Hobbs to the galley etc.

Wack61

I got sent for the long stand when I was 16 , I think everybody in the building came to look at the mug standing outside in the cold for 20 minutes

D Walker

We used to send the apprentice for an electric hammer. Thing was we used to have a wooden mallet with a length of flex and plug glued in the bottom. Used to crack me up when they plugged it in and nothing happened.
Dave

Slowly

I worked offshore, and have had many a wheeze to Albert Ross to the helideck, and Russell Hobbs to the galley etc.

On a packed Brittany Ferries crossing a few years ago a message came over the p.a. system from one of the women at the enquiries desk asking John Smith to "see Mike Hunt at the enquiries desk..."

Eddie

Sponsor
I once sent my apprentice to the stores for a yard of Fallopian tube. The bloke in the stores actually phoned Ferrari U.K. as he couldn’t find it on his computer!!!