Gransport 20995

ofenomeno99

I'm not being a downer - because I'm sure all of you know that to me the GS is my favourite car, and if I had the funds I'd have no problem buying a perfect GS for £40K + but in reality this car is not worth much to anyone that isn't passionate about the Maserati brand and I don't think many people are. I've owned 6 Maserati's to date (which includes coupes + GS), and all have been in relatively great condition, and I took pride in that but to all buyers (even people that bought the cars off of me) they just saw them as old quirky cars that would be fun to drive on a weekend when the weather was good and this is why those cars are not shifting and only silly people like us talk about how "undervalued" they are when in reality they are actually overvalued and this car should sell for something along the lines of £12,995.

Gp79

Let me know when you're seeing your GT, I'll offer you 15k for the quirky old motor!

ofenomeno99

Let me know when you're seeing your GT, I'll offer you 15k for the quirky old motor!

I'm talking about the general market, who probably wouldn't know the difference between a 3200, Coupe and a GS. When I was selling my GS a person that used to own a 3200 came to see it and thought it was the exact same car but with newer (worse to him) rear lights and an F1 transmission. I'm lucky enough to have been exposed to absolute motor heads that breath and live exotic cars but I have never come across anyone that thought "my dream car is a GS or a Coupe." They're not popular cars and this is probably a very big reason we love them so much, because speaking for my self, I like things that aren't popular and are different and quirky.

My point being, we know what a GS is, we value them highly, we appreciate them, as owners we want them to appreciate in price and be appreciated but the truth is, we would pay a premium for them, but most people outside of sportsmaserati.com would find it very hard to even pay £18,995 for a GS, whether it's this one or any other GS.

People dream of Porsche's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. but not a Maserati Coupe or a Maserati GS (except for us:D )

I love your GS btw, had a Rosso Mondial but with a tan interior.

Contigo

Sponsor
I have to say it's a bizarre post ofenomeno99 . Tell me about the people I meet about 10 times a year at major car shows who come talk to me saying their dream car is a Maserati and that Ferrari's do nothing for them. It's a leftfield choice away from the mainstream and the cars are just different. A GS is the best of the coupes (unless buying with heart then it's the 3200) and I know people who pay £30k for one and more if the car is mint. I understand your frustration in selling the cars but priced right they will fly out as I found when I reduced my 3200 to a more realistic level.

Maserati used prices have suffered in the last 10 years because of lack of parts support for their heritage. Whereas the other brands you mention have amazing Parts support for their older vehicles ie Ferrari Classiche and Porsche Heritage Parts.

ofenomeno99

I couldn’t disagree more.

I don't think that it's a matter of agreeing and disagreeing as it's just an opinion and not a fact. My opinion is based on people that I have been exposed to, which could be very different to everyone else. Just having a discussion and would love to hear your thoughts on my opinion.

I'm 27 years old and I'm on my 6th Maserati - got my GS when I was 22 - But I don't know many, if any, people in my age group that dream of owning a GS or a Coupe.

ofenomeno99

I have to say it's a bizarre post ofenomeno99 . Tell me about the people I meet about 10 times a year at major car shows who come talk to me saying their dream car is a Maserati and that Ferrari's do nothing for them. It's a leftfield choice away from the mainstream and the cars are just different. A GS is the best of the coupes (unless buying with heart then it's the 3200) and I know people who pay £30k for one and more if the car is mint. I understand your frustration in selling the cars but priced right they will fly out as I found when I reduced my 3200 to a more realistic level.

Maserati used prices have suffered in the last 10 years because of lack of parts support for their heritage. Whereas the other brands you mention have amazing Parts support for their older vehicles ie Ferrari Classiche and Porsche Heritage Parts.

I've only had positive comments from everyone that has been in my cars. And anyone that has ever been in my Maserati's truly get why I like them. But I still think that when people have £20K to spend they will be looking at 997's and M3's and what not. Not our Maserati's. And this to me is why I think they're so hard to sell. You really have to have a passion for them and understand them inside out to really want to spend a premium on a Coupe/ GS.

D Walker

But I still think that when people have £20K to spend they will be looking at 997's and M3's and what not. Not our Maserati's. And this to me is why I think they're so hard to sell.

I agree actually - you only have to look at PH & AT to see the llack of turn over/length of time the current crop of GS have been up for sale. The punters (other than us) are few and far in between.

Contigo

Sponsor
It's a very very small and limited buyers market that's for sure. Some take a year to sell and other get lucky with a sale in a day or two. It's the luck of finding someone who is looking for that spec of car etc...

BuckRog64

As someone interested in a GS I'm finding prices to be all over the place. They appear to be extremely colour combo sensitive as well as mileage etc.

Re the 997/M3 comparison, I think anyone looking to spend c.£20k on either of these would be frightened of a Maserati, assuming the Maserati to be more fragile with exotica level running costs. However, more wealthy buyers with over £30k to spend appear to snap up a low miles/low owners/full history GS in the right colours and have the budget to maintain them.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I agree actually - you only have to look at PH & AT to see the llack of turn over/length of time the current crop of GS have been up for sale. The punters (other than us) are few and far in between.

The current crop are a mixture, 2 or 3 overpriced or poor cars that are sticking. The rest have been advertised for less than a month.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Prices for good cars have been consistent for about 10 years. The last couple of years has seen small increases. The only inconsistencies in prices are when someone is trying to shift a bad car and prices it too high; or a high miles good car for too much money. Roughly speaking, prices of inspected full leather cars in good colour combos with full history and warranty are as follows:

Sub 20k Miles >£40k
Circa 30k miles £35k
Circa 40k miles £32k
Circa 50k miles £30k
Circa 60k miles £27k
Circa 75k miles £24k

Cars with tech cloth are usually around £2-3k cheaper. Poor Cars requiring work; anything down to about £17k which is the cheapest I’ve ever heard of a GS selling for. That’s why I disagree with £12995. These prices will always differ a little depending on clutch, service due etc.

safrane

I was about to post similar lines to RG.

So many of these cars are poorly maintained which results in them sticking around.

The brand still suffers from a perception of poor rreliability and consequently people will steer away from cars without a good history and clutch etc.

Not many will want to buy a project car at 25k

Gp79

I'm talking about the general market, who probably wouldn't know the difference between a 3200, Coupe and a GS. When I was selling my GS a person that used to own a 3200 came to see it and thought it was the exact same car but with newer (worse to him) rear lights and an F1 transmission. I'm lucky enough to have been exposed to absolute motor heads that breath and live exotic cars but I have never come across anyone that thought "my dream car is a GS or a Coupe." They're not popular cars and this is probably a very big reason we love them so much, because speaking for my self, I like things that aren't popular and are different and quirky.

My point being, we know what a GS is, we value them highly, we appreciate them, as owners we want them to appreciate in price and be appreciated but the truth is, we would pay a premium for them, but most people outside of sportsmaserati.com would find it very hard to even pay £18,995 for a GS, whether it's this one or any other GS.

People dream of Porsche's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. but not a Maserati Coupe or a Maserati GS (except for us:D )

I love your GS btw, had a Rosso Mondial but with a tan interior.

No offence taken, just bemused.

I would say myself that I didn't dream of owning a Maserati from childhood, I think every child dreams of a current crop unobtainable super car, not a 10-15 yr old one regardless of what it is, most non owners probably have zero knowledge of actual models of ferrari, lambo, porsche either.

However for me it was one of the realistic options of a performance car, 20K was enough for a 3rd car / toy. Big mortgage, school fees etc etc limit toy funds some what...Porsches too many grenading engines according to internet, the others way too much ££££££

I also bought it for me, not for what other people might think of me for owning it - if that makes sense.

Anyway i'm very happy with my quirky, old, over valued motor!

rockits

No offence taken, just bemused.

I would say myself that I didn't dream of owning a Maserati from childhood, I think every child dreams of a current crop unobtainable super car, not a 10-15 yr old one regardless of what it is, most non owners probably have zero knowledge of actual models of ferrari, lambo, porsche either.

However for me it was one of the realistic options of a performance car, 20K was enough for a 3rd car / toy. Big mortgage, school fees etc etc limit toy funds some what...Porsches too many grenading engines according to internet, the others way too much ££££££

I also bought it for me, not for what other people might think of me for owning it - if that makes sense.

Anyway i'm very happy with my quirky, old, over valued motor!
I agree with pretty much all if this & you seem to have been and am in the same boat as me.

I don't really care too much what other people think of me, what I do or how I do it to an extent. I do it for me & my reasons & the right reasons so that is all that matters. I also don't really care what the market thinks of values either to an extent. I keep a watchful eye on other people's thoughts & market values to make sure I'm partially aligned for various reasons but it is not the be all & end all.

For me the type of cars I have bought & the money I have paid for them made sense to me at that time of desire & decision. I don't really care too much what happened before as that is history & I can't change that. Or by the same token I don't care what happens so much in the future as I can't predict that so can't use either. All I can use is the now & today.

I don't think Maser's are under or over valued....they are what they are....buy one or don't. All I know is that they are cracking cars to own & appreciate & there isn't much around like it for similar monies.

Ewan

Didn't know you were still looking Dave. Thought you were Porsche bound. Or are you back on a Maser hunt, possibly for a GS?

D Walker

Didn't know you were still looking Dave. Thought you were Porsche bound. Or are you back on a Maser hunt, possibly for a GS?

Keep looking to the other side Ewan but as Benny would say, no ******** tingle, Mav's was a nice place to be, but I think I need more tourer than sports, keep looking, if something comes up in the right colour/spec then so be it.