MC Stradale Centennial- good price?

GeoffCapes

You buy a Lambo because they are exotic , eccentric and esoteric or they used to be. A leftfield choice and an up yours to Ferrari. The cars used to be bonkers not so much now under Audi ownership but they were the pin up poster boy cars from the 80's and something every schoolboy aspired to. Ferrari were bland in comparison.

That’s what Lambo’s used to be.
Now they’re an Audi in a posh frock and an exhaust sound that is just trying too hard.

So now they’re not exotic, eccentric or esoteric. They’re just shouty!

Contigo

Sponsor
They've always been "shouty" that's the point! Mental bonkers cars, even the Miura was shouty back then. The Countache was even more so....

I think you'd not turn one down Geoff.

To be fair though I think you suit a Ferrari with your fetish for red.... shoes... Call the car Dorothy...

azapa

Lambos are a lovely combination of Italian flair and German detail. Imagine switches, relays, valves, pumps, levers etc that don't explode when you look at them, an engine that doesn't have constant oil mist, and that goregously crazy bodywork.

GeoffCapes

Lamborghini of old we’re shouty bonkers cars. And that’s what they tried to be as they wanted to be different from Ferrari.

Their cars now are not flamboyant and charismatic any more.

They’re just trying too hard in the “look at me” stakes.
Lambos of old were “look at me” as I don’t give a f*ck and don’t confirm.

If you love Lambos you won’t get what I’ve just said, if you are indifferent or not a fan you will.
And of course I wouldn’t turn one down. Who would.
The thing is, how long could I live with it?

CatmanV2

Lamborghini of old we’re shouty bonkers cars. And that’s what they tried to be as they wanted to be different from Ferrari.

Their cars now are not flamboyant and charismatic any more.

They’re just trying too hard in the “look at me” stakes.
Lambos of old were “look at me” as I don’t give a f*ck and don’t confirm.

Yep. After all a GTS with race cats, open valves and an unsilenced X-pipe just screams 'shy and retiring' :D

C

azapa

I don't think any real petrol head could ever resist! Kermit Green or WTF orange please.

outrun

A friend has one of only a handful of manual, RHD, 6.5 v12 Murcielagos. It's my favourite of any supercar below 500k and just a lovely thing. I'd be happy to look like a cock in that. But in a red Ferrari, I'd feel that I need a more hairy chest and a big gold medallion, or maybe a tosser pinstripe suit and red braces.

FF, GTC4Lusso, F12 in a subtle colour or a black/grey/dark blue Lambo and i'd be happy.

todea20

I was talking to rybrook today and they wanted 169 for a 3,000 mile 2015.
If you can find me one for 140 private or 150 trade I will give you a grand and then Pay the asking price :)

This could actually help me out with the cost for the variators:D

iainw

The one I just missed at 149999 is being prepped at lambo edinburgh for 165k. That’s an expensive valet

GeoffCapes

A friend has one of only a handful of manual, RHD, 6.5 v12 Murcielagos. It's my favourite of any supercar below 500k and just a lovely thing. I'd be happy to look like a cock in that. But in a red Ferrari, I'd feel that I need a more hairy chest and a big gold medallion, or maybe a tosser pinstripe suit and red braces.

FF, GTC4Lusso, F12 in a subtle colour or a black/grey/dark blue Lambo and i'd be happy.

Lambos pre Huracan and Aventador still possessed that little bit of madness where Audi, sorry Lamborghini hadn't diluted what I see is the essence of what Lamborghini is, or rather was about.

beararse

Tapping sound from bottom of engine, Meridien find it cheaper to replace an engine rather than spend 40-50 man hours investigating by taking an engine apart and rebuilding it. It's costly.....

I won't buy a non matching numbers but that's just me.

The GC cars are sound. The grey one has had 5 owners and has some warranty remaining plus is well specced. The black car was on Jersey for a couple of years and was an ex demo HR owen car then registered to an entrepreneur and a friend of Giles from GC motors. It has had one owner effectively and is in great condition. They have both been for sale for a while but then Strads do take time to sell, it's a proper buyers market out there right now.

I've had some stupidly low quotes on the monthlies for lease purchase that i'm amazed that everyone isn't scrambling to be in one.

Where did you go for finance quotes if you don't mind me asking?

rockits

Lambos pre Huracan and Aventador still possessed that little bit of madness where Audi, sorry Lamborghini hadn't diluted what I see is the essence of what Lamborghini is, or rather was about.
Not according to the 4wd Welsh test in Evo this month. The reckon it is still there in its majority in the Aventador S.

azapa

Lovely looking car, steel brakes though? I have no idea really, but would imagine ceramics would be standard for that performance level.

Amazing to think how much more you would have to pay for a Ferrari with this performance level.

Will this new generation of Maclarens ever increase in value?