The good morning thread

Contigo

Sponsor
Morning all, grey and rainy out there so school run and badders. Then later this afternoon going to collect a dog hopefully. Kinds have ground me down!

Yes a bit grey here too.
Yesterday's ridge tile job went well, we did not do it! Too windy, so it is postponed
Quiet day before we hit the Hotsy Totsy Club tonight
Morning all

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, Forum. Early start today for a call with Antipodean colleagues, but working at home so the short commute downstairs was bearable. Weather's a bit shite out east so the temptation to go and bugger about in the garden is at least gone, which means I can knuckle down and get caught up on more admin than I care to think about.

MrPea

Morning you lot!
In my way to the NPL in Teddington. Always an interesting place. Then over to UCLH at Euston and then some vino in Town.
It's nice not to be traveling this weekend.
HapPea Friday!

Last edited:

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Bit of a late start as I was trying to get Joseph to sit up.
He's a determined little man, but can't quite do it on his own. Needs a hand to steady himself.
Still, not bad for a 6 month old, who was premature.

Busy day in the office. Made busier by doing a bit blagging yesterday, you know the line "oh yeah we've done loads of those". Which has turned into, "can you show us what you can do, this job is worth about £10million".
:worried1:
Just called in a favour and it will look like we can do the job that we have never done before!
Nothing ventured and all that.

Have a good one all.

midlifecrisis

Morning you lot!
In my way to the NPL in Teddington. Always an interesting place. Then over to UCLH at Euston and then some vino in Town.
It's nice not to be traveling this weekend.
HapPea Friday!

Is that where BArnes Wallace skipped ball bearings at a target in preparation for the dambusters? As shown in the film.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The thing about blagging is being able to back up the blag if called upon.
In this instance I blagged without knowing if I could back it up.

Fortunately I can. Which is a relief. Normal service. As you were.

The art of the blag: never extend beyond the realm of the plausible.

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning, well, ok, missed that then.

Very busy at work, have tenants moving out, some moving upstairs, guy from upstairs moving downstairs, painter in, carpet fitters in plus all the usual business cr@p on top.

Going to smack the bejesus out the punch bag at boxing tonight.

Oh, and the wifes away on a jolly so I have the house, kids and that darn cat to look after too.

Andyk

A very good Saturday morning to all. Was hoping for a bit of sun today as friends coming over and thought we may gave been able to eat outside....Fecking British weather. Enjoy the weekend.

Caldy999

Hoping that my handbrake shoes are ready to collect following an oven-cure this morning, home for a quick rebuild, then it’s off to The Aston Workshop in Beamish for The Great North Classic Car Show.

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Busy day made a bit easier by Joseph’s swimming being cancelled.
Pick up a tyre for Maf, then get my tracking done, nip into Dub Customs to see what it’s all about. Then meet the boys a consume my body weight in beer as a pre Le Mans prep

2b1ask1

Special case
MOrning all, a frantic weekend appears to be in store for me. Jeanette is on a mercy dash in Plymouth to visit her poor brother who is now failing fast again. I’m off to Rochester to deliver and reassemble a wardrobe in my youngest daughters digs as she is moving out today and it has to be returned to the layout she took on. Then I’m collecting some steel posts to put in the garden to mount the shutter on. And if the weather holds I’ll be cracking on with that this weekend.

Have fun all...

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning all. Busy day made a bit easier by Joseph’s swimming being cancelled.
Pick up a tyre for Maf, then get my tracking done, nip into Dub Customs to see what it’s all about. Then meet the boys a consume my body weight in beer as a pre Le Mans prep

Morning. How many tyres does MAF need I have 4 sitting in my office of his already.