Maserati first quarter performance from FIAT (TICKER: FCA)

O37

Interesting reading, maybe down to the uncertainty in the diesel market

http://finanza-24h.com/fca-in-1-tri...onsegne-ma-crescono-granturismo-e-grancabrio/

NYSE: FCA: in 1* trim for Maserati drop deliveries, but grow GranTurismo and GranCabrio
From agency - April 26, 2018

In the first quarter Maserati recorded a decrease in deliveries, essentially due to lower volumes of the Levante, partly offset by the growth of GranTurismo and GranCabrio.

In detail, according to a note, in the first quarter of 2018 these stood at 9.4 thousand units compared to 11.9 thousand in the same period of 2017.

Net revenues amounted to 754 mln compared to 949 mln in the same period of 2017. The decrease in net revenues is mainly due to the reduction in volumes and the negative impacts of the conversion rates, offset in part by the positive market and price effect mix.

The adjusted EBIT amounted to 86 million (107 million in the same period of the previous year). The adjusted EBIT margin is 11.4% compared to 11.3% a year ago. The drop in Adjusted EBIT is mainly attributable to lower volumes and negative exchange rate effects, partly offset by efficiencies on industrial costs and general, administrative and sales expenses, as well as by the favourable market mix.

The net revenues of the components (Magneti Marelli, Comau) are mostly in line with the previous year, with the increase in volumes in all three businesses offset by the negative effects of the conversion rates. Adjusted EBIT is in line with the first quarter of 2017, up 8% at constant exchange rates.

G

Guest 1678

No halo model, no differentiation from the competition, no innovation and hilariously sales upheld by 2 models that evoke emotion and heritage.

FFS FCA and Mafchionne we have debated this long and ******* this forum. The brand has massive resonance. But a BMW/Mercedes competitor it ain't.

Build something that makes me wobble. Not snooze.

Andyk

Biggest issue mat be diesel effect. JLR are laying workers off because no one buying diesels so bound to be effecting others. Add the fact the GT can't be selling that well now it's at the end of its life cycle and all adds up.

MrMickS

Given the fall off in diesel sales I don't think that the figures look too bad. Maserati are still making money and the GT and GC swan song is doing what they want. A final flourish before being replaced. It seems that they are managing to ring the last bit of profit out of the GT/GC lines.

We're a little over a month away from Marcchione's presentation on 1st June. The expectation here is that we will get a roadmap for the next few years across the group. I'd expect the GT replacement timescales to appear then, but wouldn't be surprised if its still 2020 and that we get a smaller SUV in the meantime. I know the latter won't please many but its what people are buying. Especially in the two biggest markets of USA and China.

As an aside did people see Ford's announcement in their sales call that they were going to stop selling saloon cars in the USA? They will concentrate on SUVs, Trucks, and the Mustang.

FIFTY

Seems to me that FCA have focused their efforts on rebranding Alfa Jeep, has it paid off? Sales are doing well on mainland Europe but a flop so far in the UK market cars are not selling even at huge discounts off "sticker" price on the windscreen.

Pop to the Audi showroom and they are selling plenty of cars, I think the UK market is a little broken for Fiat, Alfa and Maserati

hilts uk

Seems to me that FCA have focused their efforts on rebranding Alfa Jeep, has it paid off? Sales are doing well on mainland Europe but a flop so far in the UK market cars are not selling even at huge discounts off "sticker" price on the windscreen.

Pop to the Audi showroom and they are selling plenty of cars, I think the UK market is a little broken for Fiat, Alfa and Maserati
Agreed. A German badge is aspirational for ma y Brits and Audi have good finance deals which lock you into the brand. Personally I find BMW and Audi totally soluess but after waiting 6 days for a new tyre for the Levante I get why people don't go Italian.