You've got £45k in your pocket....

Contigo

Sponsor
Same feeling as me. I will either go 4 seater Strad (more seats for weddings!) or different brand totally. Would need to get a diesel snotter Ghibli for the workhorse car and then go two seater to get the wow factor (bull or Macca)

CliveP1

Wow! I love my new Merc but if I was in the YUk I'd have one of these on the driveway, pocket the change and grin every time i'd get in it.
Special.
Cheers Wattie
Given the benefit of hindsight, I should have bought one, owned it for a year and exported it down here.

That's bloody lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

urbanmaser

The Gransport is more rare than a nun with her knickers down........... well maybe not that rare! :tomato2:

Low mileage Gransport or MC Shift for £45,000? Well if you are as mad as me doing only 300 miles per annum the Gransport can only go North. If you are going to use your car and do not mind the depreciation side of things then the MC Shift is fabulous. Both are great cars..........For London I think the GTS is just that bit too big for me. Both Richard Grace cars look beautiful so if you can afford lets solve this argument and buy both :beauty:

urbanmaser

You are special Urby though and don't forget your car needs £12k of repairs :D

Nope that was a load of tosh. Just had the car serviced and a totally clean bill of health. It was just taking advantage of an old man.......... not a very nice thing to do

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but it's not like the car doesn't get used. At Urby's average speed, 300 miles can take anything up to 60 hours of driving.

urbanmaser

Yeah, but it's not like the car doesn't get used. At Urby's average speed, 300 miles can take anything up to 60 hours of driving.

Think of it this way............Being that slow means that when I am behind the wheel the smile I get lasts a lot longer than doing 150 mph.

Words of Wisdom from King Urby

2b1ask1

Special case
Think of it this way............Being that slow means that when I am behind the wheel the smile I get lasts a lot longer than doing 150 mph.

Words of Wisdom from King Urby

Cost per mile must be i.r.o £6!!!! No wonder your daily hack is a G-Wizz!

urbanmaser

Cost per mile must be i.r.o £6!!!! No wonder your daily hack is a G-Wizz!

Dead on £6 per mile .......... Petrol though is no more than £100 per annum
Had the car for 9 years and she is worth pretty well what I paid for her so depreciation does not come into it.

rockits

Jessie J sings about it being all about the money. She can't have a Maser! That being said I reckon I would be even on the 4200 if I sold tomorrow.

The QP on the other hand has been a little different financially.

You wouldn't change it Urby....best money you've ever spent. What else would you spend it on? You would have wasted it on champagne & pole dancers otherwise!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
You wouldn't change it Urby....best money you've ever spent. What else would you spend it on? You would have wasted it on champagne & pole dancers otherwise!

That's one of the funniest yet most disturbing images anyone's planted in my mind in a long time!

Nayf

From an objective point of view, having spent a good deal of time in an M3 and a GS.
The GS is sharp around the centre but lacking in feedback. This is a common trait to all Italian cars I’ve driven from 1980s up to 2010, from Fiats to Alfas to Maseratis. Only Ferraris are the exception. So while response is sharp, you don’t get quite the same fingertip feel about what’s going on mechanically through the steering wheel - up to a point. When you push it to 8/9/10, the steering comes alive again.
The standard E46 M3 is Direct but nowhere near as sharp; it feels heavier and though not quite ‘organic’ in the way its steering feedbacks info, you feel more confident pushing it to 6/7/8. I’ve found that when pushed beyond this point, the steering becomes a little lifeless and lacking feel. This is symptomatic of several German cars I’ve driven.

I do understand why those used to more Germanic steering might not appreciate Italian handling - the Italian method requires more faith (must be something to do with it being a Roman Catholic country) and it’s not as if most people will get to 8/9/10 on a test drive to get past that initial ‘fuzziness’ and ‘lightness’ Italian handling can have.

Just my observations from road testing both a lot. There is a third way, which is all to do with the M3 CS, CSL, Z4M steering rack. It transforms the M3 into a fine mixture of Italian dartiness and German directness. And they’re worth every penny...
If the MCV is as transformative over a GS, my word...

Ewan

I'd say that's the very reason they changed the rack on the MC-V. It's a different beast to a standard GS, while still being a GS. It's the BMW beating GS.