Braided Brake Hoses

GeoffCapes

Will need to send them a front and rear hose.

They will copy them and send 'em back. all for £80. Bargain.

Anyone got a set lying around?

jasst

If you're going to get some made up then I can recommend HEL. They use stainless fittings (the Goodridge ends are BZP).

Goodridge also do stainless, there was a choice of BZP or stainless when I got some for my 4200, naturally I went for stainless.

davy83

I am pretty sure i got stainless ends when i bought the Goodridge set for my 3200, and that was many years ago now and they still look in great condition

wifedrivestheclio

Does anyone know why manufacturers of even high end GT and sports cars don’t fit braided lines as standard? Always seems odd to me if genuinely a better solution than rubber. I don’t doubt they are better but always been curious as to why they are not standard.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Does anyone know why manufacturers of even high end GT and sports cars don’t fit braided lines as standard? Always seems odd to me if genuinely a better solution than rubber. I don’t doubt they are better but always been curious as to why they are not standard.

Type approval I think.

GeoffCapes

Might be worth getting hold of a set for HEL to copy as that way the Forum can get a decent braided brake line set for only £80.

If I can I’ll speak to them and see if we can get a forum discount.

Ralph_Manders

Does anyone know why manufacturers of even high end GT and sports cars don't fit braided lines as standard? Always seems odd to me if genuinely a better solution than rubber. I don't doubt they are better but always been curious as to why they are not standard.

Good question since most modern sports bike (ducati, mv) have them standard. Money also seems a weird argument since maserati's are not really bargains when new!