You've got £45k in your pocket....

Contigo

Sponsor
This thread has stayed remarkably on topic.

Interesting that some have commented on how they drive and others have considered from a financial perspective.

I guess when the GTS MC Shift first came out in 2008 around 8 out of 10 petrolheads would have wanted that rather than a GS. But with the progress of time the driving experience the GS offers has an appeal that is supported by the fact it has been holding its value.

No that's down to numbers produced, as simple as that.

Rwc13

Disagree, if you ask Richard Grace, you'd be shocked by the number of people that go to or back to a GS after GTS ownership. It is a more involving driving experience, is smaller and much more chuckable, and for many therefore makes a much better weekend toy, irrespective of relative rarity. Exclusivity and the feeling of it being more classical and hand made are bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allandwf

Disagree, if you ask Richard Grace, you’d be shocked by the number of people that go to or back to a GS after GTS ownership. It is a more involving driving experience, is smaller and much more chuckable, and for many therefore makes a much better weekend toy, irrespective of relative rarity. Exclusivity and the feeling of it being more classical and hand made are bonuses.

I would agree with that. If only they had made the GTS the same size as the GS. For me it doesn't matter how great it is, it's too large for me to feel comfortable driving. I like small and chuckable in a weekend toy.

Contigo

Sponsor
GTS is very chuckable more than you would imagine and even does well on track. I agree the GS is more nimble but it's just not as special imo. It would be a massive step backwards for me from the GS. All down to opinion though.

MAF260

No matter how many times I've considered parting ways with the flying banana, I've always decided to keep hold. A GTS is a lovely looking car but it's heavier, slower and worse handling than the GS. I'd consider a 2-seater Strad if the right one came along, but it would need an immediate injection of more power to make me part with my cash. The GS would remain in the stable, however.

TridentTested

Do you (a) buy the super low miles GS or (b) for similar money, buy the rosso GTS MC Shift that has done the same mileage?

Drive both and see which one appeals. These cars are emotional things, you can't use a spreadsheet to help you decide, it's whichever one gives you the biggest smile.

beau

Deffo the GTS

Much better car, plus you don’t have a Maserati to go round corners fast, and the GS isn’t a good handling car anyway

azapa

The GTS size disappears when you are behind the wheel. I have driven a GS, and really liked it, but for me the GTS just feels a generation newer, and it IMHO far better looking than the GS. People (here at least) just don't get the GS/4200. It gets looks like "what is it?" where as the GTS gets looks like "Wow!". I would love both though, of course!

Andyk

GTS is very chuckable more than you would imagine and even does well on track. I agree the GS is more nimble but it's just not as special imo. It would be a massive step backwards for me from the GS. All down to opinion though.

Tend to agree after a few laps around Llandow which is more set up for smaller cars. Had just as much fun if not more in the GTS as a GS.

highlander

No matter how many times I've considered parting ways with the flying banana, I've always decided to keep hold. A GTS is a lovely looking car but it's heavier, slower and worse handling than the GS. I'd consider a 2-seater Strad if the right one came along, but it would need an immediate injection of more power to make me part with my cash. The GS would remain in the stable, however.

Lol. Can't imagine anyone but you in the banana Mark!

Rwc13

Deffo the GTS

Much better car, plus you don't have a Maserati to go round corners fast, and the GS isn't a good handling car anyway

No you don't have a GTS to go round corners fast, but a well set up GS will go round corners a lot more quickly. Have you driven one?

beau

No you don’t have a GTS to go round corners fast, but a well set up GS will go round corners a lot more quickly. Have you driven one?

Wouldn’t want to, after Iv had a 3200 and 4200, and both were **** in comparison to my e46 m3, and that’s on worn suspension,old budget tyres.

safrane

As I suggested right at the start, you could have your cake and eat it by buying the GS first then after a period trading it in for the GTS.

Do it the other way round will require a substantial £££ up lift a couple of years later.

D Walker

As I suggested right at the start, you could have your cake and eat it by buying the GS first then after a period trading it in for the GTS.

Do it the other way round will require a substantial up lift a couple of years later.

That's sort of my thinking, all though I'm not sure it would be traded for a GTS (Unless Myles " Electro Blu " sells his car, but I think Zep has 1st dibs), Never bought mine expecting to make money, or for it too appreciate, what will be will be, some interesting discussion on this thread, just shows how different we all are, I love the look and sound of the GTS, just think its too big for my current needs, ie, weekend toy for a quick blast here and there and perhaps odd holiday. I did look at others, Cayman, 4C etc, but I need 4 seats really and something SWMBO can get in and out of, watching her in and out 4c was hilarious.

Anyway - will test drive mine when I collect it Saturday...

Dave

Rwc13

Wouldn't want to, after Iv had a 3200 and 4200, and both were **** in comparison to my e46 m3, and that's on worn suspension,old budget tyres.

So you know a GS is not a good handling car despite never having driven one!!!!! I wish I had such skills. It must completely void the need for test drives and save a lot of time!!!

And I doubt you could count either your 3200 or 4200 as great examples of the breed to base your statement on either.....

conaero

Forum Owner
GS does handle very well Beau, but as above they have to be set up right and on the right tyres. The GS does understeer on the track but on the roads they are very good.

My brother who has just moved from a facelift 4200 to a GS will verify this, he was quite amazed just how much better it was. I think the lower ride height is the major difference.

Team GCR

Deffo the GTS

Much better car, plus you don't have a Maserati to go round corners fast, and the GS isn't a good handling car anyway

With respect you need to drive a GS before making that statement. My previous GS Coupé was a joy to drive which was why I decided to sell that and the GS Spyder to buy the GS MCV.

I am lucky to have some great handling cars and the GS is right up there.

Contigo

Sponsor
It handles well but so does the GTS, it turns in so well and the front has lots of grip. I was going round Llandow at 50 seconds after my second visit and that is as quick as the Lotus and VX220 boys were lapping.

It's lighter has less power so performance wise they are identical.