The good morning thread

Contigo

Sponsor
Lol Newton is on it today! :D

Beautiful day yesterday so spent time on the cars fettling them and getting the Golf into shape, sick of it being dirty.

29496709_10156627646960016_5499788399432695808_n.jpg

Today will be booking trip to Athens for after the half term and mainly trying to shake off man flu.

Andyk

Morning,

A successful day yesterday in the office, tidying up and finishing off stuff today.

Taking a drive out to Squires Cafe later, sort of a Yorkshire version of the Ace, at least that's what they think. Yorkshire Italia Car night so will be interesting to see what turns up. Really need to find time to clean the car in the meantime. At least the weather looks better.

Good luck with the insurance Andy. I'm leaving doing more about mine until next week.

Have a great day all

Admiral was by far the cheapest which matches the other thread on here....£120 cheaper to precise.

Vampyrebat

Morning all
It's our 21st wedding Anniversary today so shall leave celebrations until tomorrow! Also going straight from work to pick up my wife's new car from the dealership so quite exited about that............have a good one all!

MrPea

Morning everyone. Auto-incorrect was on form earlier today and I apologised to my housemate for being noise early in the morning with the following text...
"Training spanking people requires early starts"

Morning all
It's our 21st wedding Anniversary today
Congratulations to you both!

conaero

Forum Owner
A jumper?
you Jessie

Now there's a name you don't hear these days!

Morning. Some Brera work yesterday but not much, modified the head gasket to be slightly thicker plus found more evidence of bodgery.

Bearing in mind the head gasket was done 500 miles ago by the previous so called garage, here are the dowels that locate the head to the block. A staggering 59p each to replace.

New ones in the middle, what I found on the outside...no wonder the head gasket went, it must have been wriggling around like a lizard in a tin can!

IMG_5593.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
Brookfield House Mark; it is a secure mental unit so may well have been your old stomping ground!

philw696

Now there's a name you don't hear these days!

Morning. Some Brera work yesterday but not much, modified the head gasket to be slightly thicker plus found more evidence of bodgery.

Bearing in mind the head gasket was done 500 miles ago by the previous so called garage, here are the dowels that locate the head to the block. A staggering 59p each to replace.

New ones in the middle, what I found on the outside...no wonder the head gasket went, it must have been wriggling around like a lizard in a tin can!

View attachment 47945

Fairplay Matt that is just Shocking and they knew what they were doing just Fleecing Andy by the sound of it.

Andyk

Good morning all, meeting an old work colleague for a coffee this morning then picking up the Mercedes later this afternoon. A car to clean again....love it.

MrPea

Hello everyone!
It's Friday. Yay! I get to tie up a bubble of loose ends at the office.
HapPea Friday xXx

D Walker

Morning,
Tired and don't want to be in work...
Looks like I'm in Sunday as its a short week,
On an upside I've a list of detailing gear to pick up/buy.
Have a good day
Dave

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, Happy Birthday Damo, am off to Kent in a bit to Faversham fo some office time and then to prison in North Kent this afternoon to do an inspection. I’ve had to borrow a camera as I don’t have one any more.

Have fun all...

Contigo

Sponsor
Morning all, cracking day yesterday as the eldest got a school place she wanted and the Mrs got a new job!!!! Sore head this morning! :D

Off to sort the Golf and have a run about!

Have a great weekend all!

CatmanV2

Morning. Great night last night. Off to Wheels In Motion later for to set up the GT :)
Have a great day, all

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all, happy Friday (and long bloody last!).

Andy, great news on the car (and the job). You'll be a happy man with something new on your drive to keep looking good.

Newton, do I sense there's a story around your camera?

Phil, :clapps:

Working at home today, except for a trip to the dentist for three fillings. I hate going to the dentist and don't understand why they insist on sticking bits of metal in places where they know it'll hurt like fvck. There's a special place in h3ll reserved for all dentists. Probably.

Hoping to finally buy a new car today. It's had a deposit on it for 6 weeks while all manner of loose ends get sorted out. Fingers crossed I'll get it all wrapped up and collect it next week.

2b1ask1

Special case
No great story ADam, just that you have to have special permission to get a camera int a prison (post installation inspection) and no chance of taking a phone in to ‘just use the camera’.