GTS MC Shift for sale

outrun

BWAHAHAHAHA. We can't even agree the best *tyres* :D

C

Yes we can. Michelin.

Trouble is that we are not the audience for Maserati as not many of us buy new cars or from the main dealer network. Nor do many of us use them for servicing. Nor do we run Polo teams or Trofeo cars. Basically, to them, we are not a significant factor. We all know why this shouldn't be correct but it is.

safrane

Ha ha...best bit of fun all day thinking that or any thing sporting will come out of Modena this century.

Next cars are;
Small SUV
Small Coupe style SUV
Re hashed Ghibli
Re hashed Levante
then rehashed small SUV and so on.

Maybe they will pull out some mad MC 12 esc car drived from Alfa or Ferrari to keep the press and the billionairs happy, but for a small nimble coupe you will need to go to their back catalogue.

G

Guest 1678

Ones with tread on.

That Merak concept - did it say that the target buyer is in his mid-30s and leading a solitary life? Well that's us fooked, then! We're mostly too old or too married!

My ideal: sub-GTS size (4200/GS or Vantage sized), over 500 bhp, sounds sublime, elegant, good handling but nothing too rough and pointy, equally happy on a pan-continental blast with Mrs Crud as on cross-country thrash or Le Mans with SM. Which is why my next car won't be a Maserati. They don't make what I want.

Evolve the GT shape (Porsche seem to do a good job of stretching the 911 design language); maintain 4 seats; whack in the 3.8 Turbo from the Portofino; lighten by 300 KGs; shorten to 4.6 metres; cost effective halo model; sell for £120k.

Not sure product management in Modena really knows what the chuff it is doing.

Andyk

Maserati over the 30 plus years has been all about saloons and coupes....The MC12 was a real shock when it came out and a departure from what they had done in the past but one that was a great halo car and worked. They should carry on with what they do best....saloons and coupes.....Suprised why we haven't seen a Ghibli Coupe based on the saloon ..... Surely the cheapest option and it's what they did back in the bi-turbo days. But just adding names like Gransport to a trim level is a tad hard to swallow. 4 seats is a must no matter what they bring out as it seems to be what the customers like ... Usable rear seats in the 3200/4200/GS/GT always a talking point and part of the reason why some buy instead of other makes.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Evolve the GT shape (Porsche seem to do a good job of stretching the 911 design language); maintain 4 seats; whack in the 3.8 Turbo from the Portofino; lighten by 300 KGs; shorten to 4.6 metres; cost effective halo model; sell for £120k.

Not sure product management in Modena really knows what the chuff it is doing.

Yes to all this. Especially the shape. There are few cars as beautiful as the GT which is now, what, 10 years old, more or less. Porsche is pretty good at having a pair of semi-usable seats in some of its cars. It's not beyond the wit of man (or, hopefully, of Modena) to do the same.

Until then, Maserati, I'm going to have to be childish in someone else's second-hand cars.

safrane

Would love to see a sports car in the line up... but I have little hope it will happen in my driving life.

Their plans for future models is IMO;
Small SUV
Small SUV with Coupe esc body
Re styled Ghibli
Re styled Levante
Re styled small SUV and so on.

Coupes? They may do another MC12 to tease and tempt...but your V8s are going to be their last sports cars because they are skint and thier line up is not pulling enough money in despite an increase in sales.

Its all about profit and there is not enough.

I hope I am proven wrong though.

Andyk

Bit too much Andy, I'm more 50 with the B & R mod, and a fare chunk hidden from swmbo. Got to admit I hi k the man maths professionals wouldn't impressed with my ability to divert cash to car fund.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802013324955?atmobcid=soc3

Dave, this looks a decent price for an N400 ....... It was 44k ...... Don't get many N400's under 40k and most are 45 to 50k...... Only 26k on the clock and with that BR upgrade would come in at 45k so well under you 50k and as its a N400 you would get 436 bhp with the upgrade.... More power than an S.

D Walker

Haha, saw that the other day. Can't remember what the price was then tho'. You're right tho, first one seen priced below 40!!

Andyk

You used to be able to get the odd high mile ones under 40k but certainly not with 26k up.

Andyk

Not sure Dave as its private it says 110 miles from me which from South Wales could be London or 110 miles up.

rockits

It is only 14 miles from me and an 020 8 number so I would say North or North West London at a guess.

outrun

That Nurburgring track silhouette sewn into the armrest lid is naff as anything though. I ran a 993 turbo at the 'Ring with a "Neverbeen" sticker on it. :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
That 'ring thing stitched onto the arm rest looks like the leather's perished, worn away or burned.