Question of the day

zagatoes30

<narrows eyes suspiciously> How is the QM defining 'Christmas Movie' exactly? A movie released in December? In which case 'The Force Awakens' has got to be in with a shout.

If it needs to be a movie that relates to Christmas......

C

QM has the right to define the rules and if so chooses keep them to himself but as this is the festive period a season of goodwill to all (including SM members) the QM will clarify.

Christmas Movie must relate to Christmas in some way, a movie released in December that is not related to Christmas does not count, even if it was the No 1 on Christmas day - this is not top of the pops,

Therefore Die Hard would count as it was based around a Christmas Party, as would Love Actually as it to is based around Christmas (it's not that either) - whereas some old has beens and big teddy bear running around space causing chaos does not count.

CatmanV2

Not a very long list then ;)

I suspect you have a copy of the answer as well

Oh no the list is long, but they are all guesses at this point :)

I mean all versions of 'A Christmas Carol' combined probably rack up, but I doubt that qualifies. Love Actually you've already discounted I suspect.
Arthur Christmas is brill, but I doubt it grossed that much

C

zagatoes30

Oh no the list is long, but they are all guesses at this point :)

I mean all versions of 'A Christmas Carol' combined probably rack up, but I doubt that qualifies. Love Actually you've already discounted I suspect.
Arthur Christmas is brill, but I doubt it grossed that much

C

All much better than the real answer

spkennyuk

I think its probably home alone or home alone 2. Other guesses would be Polar express or Frozen if you class frozen as a Christmas movie.

midlifecrisis

That's the problem with this, you come across a nugget of trivial information but some bright spark on this forum knows it through life experience or work. I wouldn't have got that.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
That's the problem with this, you come across a nugget of trivial information but some bright spark on this forum knows it through life experience or work. I wouldn't have got that.

I like the way cheshiremaserati lies low for about a year and then picks of one question like a sniper and then disappears again. :)

midlifecrisis

ok what is the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat?

by who, Distrance and gun.

IIRC, it was Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison at approx 1.5 miles using an Accuracy International 'long' with Lapua .338 magnum ammunition. He took out a Taliban machine gun team that was assaulting his unit. He 'walked' the shots in and when he hit the gunner with his third shot, the gunners number two took over and he hit him first time using the same aim. The previous longest shot was a by a Canadian using a Barrett 'light 50' in Afghanistan.

Shall I jump in with a 'sniper' question. To repeat Clive's question which, in 2015 the answer above was correct. What is the Longest confirmed Sniper Kill? Apparently the 'Who' is classified but which Nationality, rifle and distance?

Sorry I'm too busy preparing to go to Spain for a month on Friday. We are escaping the winter chills and dark days to be on the Costa del Sol. So no time to be thinking of another question.