The good morning thread

Andyk

Morning Phil...enjoy....Morning all....

Dans school shut because of the snow but Alex's us open and the are I think stones throw of each other...!!!! ....All roads clear and spitting with rain so feck knows why any are closed. Enjoy your week all.

D Walker

Morning,
Would seem it's not compulsory to clear all cars of snow, but perfectly acceptable to do 5mph because can't see through hLf a windscreen.
Rant over.....working on plant a lot today, not looking forward to that.

2b1ask1

Special case
Because teachers look for any excuse to have a day off Andy. Alex is supposed to have a driving test at 08.45, he is out on a pre-lesson now so yet to hear if the test is cancelled but I hope it goes ahead. Got the final drive seal replaced on the BMW yesterday and put in new rear brakes so hopefully these ones remain uncontaminated. Now I’m supposed to be building a new net in Camden today but I have too many other things to sort out so it can wait till tomorrow.

Have fun all...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all. Good to see you had an easy weekend, Newton! :smile:

Was supposed to be going to Milan this afternoon but the flight got cancelled due to weather and now going this evening. I'd rather not be going at all! Working at home this morning and will trundle over to Heathrow later on. Calls and an extraordinary number of new emails await. Also coffee.

Have a good week, all. Lots of love from the slushy and drizzly wilds of East Anglia.

midlifecrisis

Good Morning all,
All is wet at Gatwick no snow. I think it is compulsory to remove snow from your car before setting off as it can become a hazard to others when it comes off. I'm sure the police can stop you, there was an article in the Mail (where else) about it...

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Great start to the day today.

Joseph had been a bit constipated, but not now. I'll leave you to imagine the rest.
Basically he needed a bath!

The Matthew at Giallo rang and my GT is fixed. No more oil leaks!!!!
Only problem is the weather and getting to him to pick it up.

Off to the office in a bit as have loads to do!

Have a good one all.

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning, back in the crazy office, no sign of snow yet down on the sunny riviera...but its due today by all accounts.

Raining heavily down here so maybe we will get away with it.

D Walker

Good Morning all,
All is wet at Gatwick no snow. I think it is compulsory to remove snow from your car before setting off as it can become a hazard to others when it comes off. I'm sure the police can stop you, there was an article in the Mail (where else) about it...
£60 and 3 points!!

2b1ask1

Special case
DVSA are a bunch of W-anchors; there is no sign of remaining snow in Havering due to heavy rain the last four hours or so, Alex completed his pre-test lesson without incident and the examiner came out of the door at the test centre and said "We cannot do the test today because of the inappropriate road conditions".

"Where???" Alex asked indicating out of the window at the washed clean road outside....

"Sorry but the decision has been made and there is nothing we can do about it now".

So Alex has taken a day unpaid and it will likely be four months to get a re-booking!!!

DVSA obviously recruiting ex school teachers then....

GeoffCapes

DVSA are a bunch of W-anchors; there is no sign of remaining snow in Havering due to heavy rain the last four hours or so, Alex completed his pre-test lesson without incident and the examiner came out of the door at the test centre and said "We cannot do the test today because of the inappropriate road conditions".

"Where???" Alex asked indicating out of the window at the washed clean road outside....

"Sorry but the decision has been made and there is nothing we can do about it now".

So Alex has taken a day unpaid and it will likely be four months to get a re-booking!!!

DVSA obviously recruiting ex school teachers then....

Surely driving in inappropriate conditions is part of the test????

montravia

Still not going anywhere today.

Village welcoming gathering last night at neighbours more than pleasing especially as villagers bothered to trudge through the drifts to be with us.

D Walker

Given that there is likely to be inappropriate conditions between Oct & Mar they should just lay the examiner off and do twice as many tests Apr - Sept.....

It will be H & S, I've just been out on plant and "had to send" my scaffolders in for an early lunch.......

Those that can......do, Those that can't.....wont, and the rest generally become managers...

Andyk

See Keith Chegwin passed away today.......Can still see him constantly smiling on Swap shop.....