GranTurismo is now ten years old

Andyk

Maserati is a limited market anyway.

You won't pinch sales from the Ferrari/Lambo/Macca brigade.

Porsche drivers like Porsches because they do everything well, albeit a bit sterile in some cases (especially at the GT price point).

People buy Maserati's because they are Maserati's. Because they looks great, sound great and at normal road behaviour are as good as anything on the road. It's when you want that extra 10-15% is where they 'fall down'. But to the normal drivers out there, they are awesome.

This is the point that is missed in car mags. All the test drivers drive the best cars in the world. So when you drive something that is awesome in real world driving and just ok when on the limit, they're not going to give it great scores.
People should drive cars and make their own opinion of them before rubbishing them (like your standard pub expert who drive a Vauxhall Vectra).

Take a man out of a Vectra and put him in a Maserati and he'll think it's the best car ever!
Take a man out of a Ferrari F12 and put him in a Maserati and he'll say "it's ok".

Is it a limited market now though......Maserati hope it isn't as cars like the Ghibli and Levante is opening the market up for them....or that's what they are trying to do......The Ghibli is aimed at the company car market and that's certainly not a limited market. Maserati is not the exclusive marque they used to be.......and to be honest they just weren't going to survive I suppose just making the cars that brought me to them all those years ago.

bigbob

Is it a limited market now though......Maserati hope it isn't as cars like the Ghibli and Levante is opening the market up for them....or that's what they are trying to do......The Ghibli is aimed at the company car market and that's certainly not a limited market. Maserati is not the exclusive marque they used to be.......and to be honest they just weren't going to survive I suppose just making the cars that brought me to them all those years ago.

Even before it was a limited market! Now it’s a micro market.

StuartW

Andyk

That is sad Stu...and now the latest model can be had for 85k I fear it may be sat there longer ...... Unless you really don't like the new car race and have to have this one I suppose.

StuartW

That is sad Stu...and now the latest model can be had for 85k I fear it may be sat there longer ...... Unless you really don't like the new car race and have to have this one I suppose.

Indeed, they have just taken delivery of their demonstrator which is going through PDI type checks now, and the new models can be ordered for a March'ish 2018 delivery

Michael

I bet you neither of them are actually registered so will have no miles.

I was interested in getting one of the new cars as a ten year keeper but it would have to be a factory order to get spec I could stand and I wasn't going go pay the silly money for the dark blue which is what I wanted.

As an aside from MY2010 or 2011 they went to speaker covers that were colour coded with the door card but they seem to have dropped that now - strange.

BB,

Save your money, get your 4.7 GT polished up, keep it, I can't imagine you'll not notice any real driving difference :)

Michael

hashluck

i was just looking as well. Some seriously tempting buys out there but I havde too many cars already

tasnam

Here is mine....interestingly enough, I think that (like certain people and homes) GT's look better in person vs. via photo's.

20171021_162231.jpg

tasnam

No I haven't done a thing to it....bought it off the lot July 2017 (it was a 2016 new left over) - got a great "deal" (Deal as regards as buying a new GT can be....)