Maserati Ashtray Script

spkennyuk

In the meantime i did read that its roughly the same size as the decals on the brake calipers. They are 56mm in length. No idea on the height.

FIFTY

I can check the height on my broken script when I get home in a few hours

I am in the process of getting a complete ashtray with intact script if Mike does not manage to get an imprint so it should go ahead

miket

In the meantime i did read that its roughly the same size as the decals on the brake calipers. They are 56mm in length. No idea on the height.

That’s what I currently have on mine, looks ok but a silver copy of the script would look better I think...

FIFTY

20171121_120613.jpg

I'd say it is about 65-67mm long 5mm tall and three retaining pins one at each end and one in the middle behind the 's'

Corridore

1. Miket
2. BennyD
3. Andy Marshall
4. Corranga
5. Phil the brit
6. tcrote5516
7. caldy999
8. Fernandoisfaster...
9. ttt0000
10. Fair 2
11. Corridore

Added myself to the list. Unfortunately I can't help with the measurement

miket

1. Miket
2. BennyD
3. Andy Marshall
4. Corranga
5. Phil the brit
6. tcrote5516
7. caldy999
8. Fernandoisfaster...
9. ttt0000
10. Fair 2
11. Corridore

Added myself to the list. Unfortunately I can't help with the measurement

I gave the jeweller the dimensions asked for a budget at 1.5mm thickness? He says approximately £25.00 each in silver!
Has anyone got the ability to carry out a 3D scan and print of an original script?
Need to get a copy or a script for when my brother comes in December to get these made if possible.

Moz1000

I gave the jeweller the dimensions asked for a budget at 1.5mm thickness? He says approximately £25.00 each in silver!
Has anyone got the ability to carry out a 3D scan and print of an original script?
Need to get a copy or a script for when my brother comes in December to get these made if possible.

A 3D scan might be troublesome, however, someone like Spartacus should be able to use the Maserati logo in Solidworks and create a model for it. Add a couple of pips on the back and then someone can create a 3D print. Will need to know where the pips are located.
Moz

FIFTY

Mike I spoke with my friend a little while ago who does solid works and 3d printing he said the original one would be injection moulded and chromed, 3d printing one would not look very good as a finished item.

I can get hold of a new complete ashtray for around £140 but it will pump up the price of the silver script by £12/unit as I'd like the cost of it to be absorbed by the group buy if everyone is ok with that?

Let me know either way guys so I can tell the supplier if I want a credit or exchange for the ashtray

Corridore

Mike I spoke with my friend a little while ago who does solid works and 3d printing he said the original one would be injection moulded and chromed, 3d printing one would not look very good as a finished item.

I can get hold of a new complete ashtray for around £140 but it will pump up the price of the silver script by £12/unit as I'd like the cost of it to be absorbed by the group buy if everyone is ok with that?

Let me know either way guys so I can tell the supplier if I want a credit or exchange for the ashtray

That's fine by me.

If/when these get made up it's probably worth getting one even if your script is currently still intact, given how fragile and difficult to replace.....

miket

I’m going to commission 20 pieces, that’s what the £25 price is based on, just need one to copy, would rather get one to copy for free but the options are not currently there, I know of 2 local owners, one a family member with a spyder anniversary and a good friend with a spyder both with complete scripts that I am going to approach when I get home, fingers crossed I’ll be successful!

miket

I have today collected a sample silver script, hand made in silver!
It’s amazing the only downside is it has no locating lugs on the rear, I’m struggling to post a photo for some reason but the script is very very good, I’m going to try it for size when I get home and will post photos, watch this space....

Corridore

I have today collected a sample silver script, hand made in silver!
It’s amazing the only downside is it has no locating lugs on the rear, I’m struggling to post a photo for some reason but the script is very very good, I’m going to try it for size when I get home and will post photos, watch this space....

Top work!
Can't wait to see it

miket

That looks great!

Miket- how much money do you need from us all and when would you like it.

Will make sure it looks ok in the car, I will be able to get them made so my brother can collect when he’s in Goa at Christmas, watch this space!

Andy Marshall

Will make sure it looks ok in the car, I will be able to get them made so my brother can collect when he's in Goa at Christmas, watch this space!

I am travelling abroad for a couple of weeks from this sunday, so if a requirement for cash comes in before I get back, please do order one for me and I promise to pay as soon as I return.

miket

I am travelling abroad for a couple of weeks from this sunday, so if a requirement for cash comes in before I get back, please do order one for me and I promise to pay as soon as I return.

No probs will confirm the physical fit before I order the first full batch, got to admit I’m well chuffed with the first handmade piece, all others will be cast off a mould of this one!