The good morning thread

D Walker

Wouldn't they want sales experience though in a dealership like that. Most want see you have cut your teeth else where. Not something I've looked at but always fancied doing it.

I think in the high end market it's more than "selling" a car, as a manager you've been selling for years.
Enthusiasm and knowledge is what's required I think, lets face it you probably know more about Aston's than a lot of the people in the showrooms.
Give it a try, you know the saying, the only person who never failed....never tried!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Good morning all. Big thanks for all the messages .... Really appreciate the.........I think it may be time to look at doing something different in my life. Not sure what yet but would love to do something in the car industry......but ain't getting any younger and hard to get into something different when age is running away with you. will take a little time off to regroup though. Thanks again all.

I take it restoring old Alfas is not high on the list....I am so rude :)

D Walker

Pmsl, one of our fellow holiday makers has just opened the fridge, and shouted,
Ok, who has OCD then??
Apparently it's not right to have all the drinks lined up, veg in groups, fruit in groups........
It was doing my head in!!!

JonW

Morning all,

Up early (for Florida time) so went for a stroll along the beach...

Attachments

• 2B90F034-D6D8-4006-8711-31E1DC048750.jpg
    2B90F034-D6D8-4006-8711-31E1DC048750.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 39

2b1ask1

Special case
Pmsl, one of our fellow holiday makers has just opened the fridge, and shouted,
Ok, who has OCD then??
Apparently it's not right to have all the drinks lined up, veg in groups, fruit in groups........
It was doing my head in!!!

I could have so much fun... got Shaun a beauty at LeMans in the track car park, parked on a slope he'd straightened his wheels and I pointed out his steering wheel was not straight! After trying to sort it for 10 minutes in the heat he slammed the door and stomped off with the hump!!!

D Walker

Do t go there,
It's been pointed out that I BBQ in a similar manner,
Wait til I tell them I recall the Reg of all 6 cars in this street.
I need to switch off !!

rockits

Give it a try, you know the saying, the only person who never failed....never tried!!!

I like that quote....anyone I should know?

I have failed many many many many many times! If I'm nothing I'm a trier that's for sure.

I reckon you'd be a great tecnical salesman Andy. It must give confidence to a buyer actually talking to someone who know tons of what they are talking about. Also intricate detail about the product they are selling.

I went to look at a lift this morning & liked the lift but got on with the owner really well. I buy from people much of the time and many do. It can make all the difference & differentiation is hard these days.

CatmanV2

It's a paraphrase of an old Chinese proverb.

The one I like: "The only difference between the master and the student is that the master has failed more times than the student has ever tried"

C

D Walker

I have failed many many many many many times! If I'm nothing I'm a trier that's for sure.

I reckon you'd be a great tecnical salesman Andy. It must give confidence to a buyer actually talking to someone who know tons of what they are talking about. Also intricate detail about the product they are selling.

I went to look at a lift this morning & liked the lift but got on with the owner really well. I buy from people much of the time and many do. It can make all the difference & differentiation is hard these days.
Not at all, the point I was making, and I know you appreciate is, we all say want if I had done xxxxx,
Tell you what, try xxxx, whTs the worst that could happen, you fail, but you tried.
Back to my original statement, he who never failed. Never tried

rockits

Understood & agreed. The reason I have failed many many times is because I keep trying that blasted xxxx thing. I do sometimes succeed though which is nice.

D Walker

Understood & agreed. The reason I have failed many many times is because I keep trying that blasted xxxx thing. I do sometimes succeed though which is nice.

Exactly, my dad used to tell me sight on goal, shoot, and I did until some **** snapped my knee.

Contigo

Sponsor
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.

The future is purchased by the present.

Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.

D Walker

Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.

The future is purchased by the present.

Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.

Morning Yoda, morning Forum,
Doing nothing today except sitting round pool,
Dave

Andyk

A very good morning to all.........Need to take the Alfa out for a long run today as it needs driving.