New Apple iPhone X

rockits

Talking of pricing I was thinking the same about the current range of Tesla's. Not sure why I didn't buy their shares a tear or so OK but that is another story.

Why is a Tesla Model X the price it is? Is it something like 100-110k? Mental. Does it cost that to make....no. Not even close. Maybe a little extra to pay for future development & to build their battery plant. It is still way over the top. How did they get to 100-110k? Who can afford that? Bonkers.

Andyk

Yes agree on the X looks like it should be 50k....Looked at one in the showroom in Bristol and nearly fell over when I saw the price.

outrun

All the phone you will ever need is right here.

https://oneplus.net/uk/5

If you don't know what this is, get Googling. Oneplus was originally a project that came from the hone developer platform Cyanogen. They make the best Android phones in the market (yes, I include Samsung, Lg etc in that) and the price is controlled by manufacturing to order etc. They have won every award possible and really, there is no need to spend more than this. That's why they exist.

I've had the last 3 models and will buy a 5 shortly.

Currently have an Iphone 7 128gb because Vodafone gave me one for peanuts. It's a decent phone but not as good as a Oneplus. And they are £649!! Quite simply, Apple and others are ripping off consumers because they can.

Navcorr

Apple and others are ripping off consumers because they can.

The only reason they can is because the numpty consumer buys into the marketing hype. "i-whatever" is so much more than a product .... it's an aspirational way of life. At least that's what the corporate suits at Apple, MS, et al, would have us believe.

Jkulin

Did I see its $900.....What a waste of money....I don't get that for a phone....but then I am one of those who think a phone is for talking to people and that's it. They destroyed conversation....Only have to look at the supply driver room in work...15 drivers all sat waiting with their heads down looking into their phones and not making conversation like people used to....people picking up children from school and ignoring their kids as they are txing......Remember when people had to talk to each other face to face....

Just got the ideal phone for you Andy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7BhttDpn--2YXlUZ3cxUlFlMW8/view?usp=sharing

Wack61

Talking of pricing I was thinking the same about the current range of Tesla's. Not sure why I didn't buy their shares a tear or so OK but that is another story.

Why is a Tesla Model X the price it is? Is it something like 100-110k? Mental. Does it cost that to make....no. Not even close. Maybe a little extra to pay for future development & to build their battery plant. It is still way over the top. How did they get to 100-110k? Who can afford that? Bonkers.

0-60 tax, fast = expensive, even if its electric

MrMickS

0-60 tax, fast = expensive, even if its electric

They need to may money whilst they can. At the moment they are the only real players in that market so can charge a premium. Give it 2-3 more years and there will be many more choices and I don't know anyone that would buy a Tesla over say the equivalent German brand* once that's the case.

I think anyone with shares in Tesla will be looking carefully at the other developments and will be ready to sell them. I can't see a long term future for Tesla as a manufacturer once the traditional manufacturers start shipping competitive models. They've been very clever at using Tesla to judge the state of both the technology and the market before committing resources. They've know that now is the time to start the process in earnest.

* I'm hoping that there will be a number of Italian options by then but I'm not hold my breath.

Back to the original topic. I was looking at the iPhone X but I've got used to the fingerprint stuff and how it works so will wait a few years for them to sort out how to do that on a glass screen instead of jumping to the facial recognition.

zagatoes30

Judging by the queue outside the Apple shop on Regent St today the iPhone X is popular even at its silly price. The queue was round the block in to Hanover Sq and down another street.

conaero

Forum Owner
Ill be getting one but not yet.

I will wait until Samsung have had a play with it and prove via social media that it has an inherent design floor where a the screen will break if a 5 tonne hippo stands on it...or the like :)