Advice for Pensions!!

Contigo

Sponsor
FRR 0.655 change 0.22 (+50.57%)

Hope some of you got in. Well over 200% since I first posted the potential.

Contigo

Sponsor
Look at NUOG who are rumoured to be getting the old Bentley Oilfield which XEL had a few years back. Currently at 1p but very much undervalued at the moment based on resources.

Scaf

I have my mum to thank for my pension situation. First job I got offered a final salary scheme and my mum made me joint it at the tender age of 18, 21 years later I left as a senior manager so the final salary but played in my favour. Since then I have been in two defined contribution schemes with combined contributions of 16% and the 5years in another final salary scheme at director level. Currently not in a scheme but ploughing cash into property when I can.

Still worry that it won't be enough though - I don't want my lifestyle to change just when I will have time to enjoy it.

My advice is get into the auto enrolment scheme that you company has to provide and put as much in as you possibly can.

hoyin

I Just got my Halifax account sorted tonight so have dabbled a little in a few !!

I don't use Halifax. They charge too much at £12.50 a trade.

I use De Giro. Less than £2 a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyin

I have my mum to thank for my pension situation. First job I got offered a final salary scheme and my mum made me joint it at the tender age of 18, 21 years later I left as a senior manager so the final salary but played in my favour. Since then I have been in two defined contribution schemes with combined contributions of 16% and the 5years in another final salary scheme at director level. Currently not in a scheme but ploughing cash into property when I can.

Still worry that it won't be enough though - I don't want my lifestyle to change just when I will have time to enjoy it.

My advice is get into the auto enrolment scheme that you company has to provide and put as much in as you possibly can.

And it is never too late. Even if you are over 50.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/pensions...ing/start-investing-50-get-1m-pension-pot-67/

JonW

Really? I may be missing something, but if you're betting for fun, or even speculating for short term gain, then I can see how minimising your trading costs makes sense. However, if you're making pension investments - which by definition ought to be long term, then I would have thought the difference between 12.50 and £2 ought to be irrelevant

D Walker

Now you tell me!! Lol...
Looks like I'll have to do that as well then!!

hoyin

Money is still money. £10 could buy me more shares. Plus Halifax doesn't have an app and buying shares on your phone is a pain.

Why pay more when another company offers the same or a better service for a lot less? I don't like giving my money away.

They do not at the moment offer stock ISAs though.

hoyin

I've taken my original out and am on a free ride now. Invested some in UKOG and HUR too.

Cool. Well done! Thanks for sharing. I will read up on these.

I like to diversify in my portfolio. You seem to be invested a lot in gas and oil.

I am also in Boohoo. And for once my portfolio is heavily weighted with it. Goes against all my rules but has done well for me so far and looks like it will continue to do well.

As always please do your own research.

Also in GGP. Nothing wrong with a bit of gold and now cobalt!

So we shall see.

Interestingly I am also in Tesla! Though it has dropped a bit recently it hasn't been doing too badly for me at all medium term.

JonW

Money is still money. £10 could buy me more shares. Plus Halifax doesn't have an app and buying shares on your phone is a pain.

Why pay more when another company offers the same or a better service for a lot less? I don't like giving my money away.

They do not at the moment offer stock ISAs though.

Fair play - I can see how saving costs means you can buy more shares, and on one level that is all good.

Equally though, reduced costs of trading encourages short term trading decisions and speculation, and in the context of long term financial planning, this is generally viewed as being less good... unless it is a (tiny) percentage of a balanced portfolio approach.

That said, each to their own...

Contigo

Sponsor
Cool. Well done! Thanks for sharing. I will read up on these.

I like to diversify in my portfolio. You seem to be invested a lot in gas and oil.

I am also in Boohoo. And for once my portfolio is heavily weighted with it. Goes against all my rules but has done well for me so far and looks like it will continue to do well.

As always please do your own research.

Also in GGP. Nothing wrong with a bit of gold and now cobalt!

So we shall see.

Interestingly I am also in Tesla! Though it has dropped a bit recently it hasn't been doing too badly for me at all medium term.

I also hold JLP (Platinum) and CPX who manufacture smart tech batteries.

hoyin

Good day today. GGP - gold and lots of it!

Up 20% immediately. And this is just the beginning.

Might keep the GTS and buy something else at this rate!

:)

Contigo

Sponsor
Good day today. GGP - gold and lots of it!

Up 20% immediately. And this is just the beginning.

Might keep the GTS and buy something else at this rate!

:)

Great to hear it ! only 20%? FRR has done that most days but had a slow one today :D