The good morning thread

2b1ask1

Special case
Think I'm going to have to move into the spare room until December just so I can get some sleep!

Not a winner of brownie points that one Mark; man up and 'share the suffering', you always have the option of "Darling I have a long drive in the morning, I'm going to move into the other room till the morning to give you some space". and she will think you are doing it for her!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Having just driven over 3500 miles around Europe, I have come to the following conclusion; all foreigners are f*cking idiots (No offence to our foreign members). They speak languages other than English and, generally, they drive like morons. Ironically, the Jerries and the Wops, who make great cars, are the worst drivers; they follow much too close, can't anticipate for sh!t, weave across lanes and generally blunder about like a fat lass in a doughnut shop. This begs the question; what are they for, apart from making cars and Italian food. A waste of skin, the lot of them.

MrMickS

Morning,

Another lovely start to the day up here. In the office holding the fort again today.

Have a great one all

Andyk

Good morning all....Last day in work today for two weeks and two days. Meeting in Northampton 10 till 5....Could have done with a nice quiet day at depot. Ah well.

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, a world of pain today as I hand the tax man the equivelant of Mav's 4200!!! I have had just 14 days to find it and my thanks to a very good friend who has stepped up to help me over the deadline! Without his help not only would the Spanish trip have been scuppered but at worst the GS would have been threatened as the only 'asset' that would have been of interest to them. HMRC are without morals, I have had an agreement in place to repay a very much bigger sum and have reduced it by > 60% in recent years, for them to have decided to end this agreement without any consultation is beneath contempt. I am a grafter and have been honest with them throughout.

Anyway beyond that I have some surveys to do today, fortunately local.

Have fun all...

jasst

I feel your pain Newton, When I went self employed two years ago nobody told me just how hard they hit you in the first year, and I naively thought they would be trying to help people who have taken the plunge to try and make a go of it.

dem maser

Morning all, got in last night from 19 days in Cyprus, magical time woth Thalia and I cant wait to go back next year.

Right, so i have come back to no work so job search begins....

What have I missed out on??

Spartacus

Not much Dem , apart from we have all sold our Maseratis and bought Teslas , and Benny has become more of a tw4t

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Office bound today. May attempt the gym later.

Hopefully their is an end in sight for the complete financial break with my ex. with her buying our house so I am no longer on the mortgage (at last!!!).
The question is, do I go to her solicitors to sign the paperwork in the Merc or the Maser?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It would appear they can still come after you years down the line if your circumstances improve enough. IMO, there's no need to plant the seed just to rub her nose in it. I'd walk.

GeoffCapes

It would appear they can still come after you years down the line if your circumstances improve enough. IMO, there's no need to plant the seed just to rub her nose in it. I'd walk.

That's ridiculous. Bit like selling a footballer for £1m when he's 21 and he turns into the new Lionel Messi and gets sold for £100million.
Not like you can say, actually I want a bit more than the £1m I got 5 years ago.

MrMickS

That's ridiculous. Bit like selling a footballer for £1m when he's 21 and he turns into the new Lionel Messi and gets sold for £100million.
Not like you can say, actually I want a bit more than the £1m I got 5 years ago.

There are often clauses in the football contracts that state that explicitly. On the other, I'd get a taxi, or a lift, or the bus. Don't turn up in a nice car. Its not worth it.

That said I often turn up to family events in the Maser and my ex hasn't said a word at the ones she's been at.

CatmanV2

Morning forum. Back to the office for an early run, then 5.5 hours of meetings. Still Friday tomorrow.

Have a great day, all

C

Andyk

Morning all. Office bound today. May attempt the gym later.

Hopefully their is an end in sight for the complete financial break with my ex. with her buying our house so I am no longer on the mortgage (at last!!!).
The question is, do I go to her solicitors to sign the paperwork in the Merc or the Maser?

I am loving the picture of your GTS in your avatar Mark...Looks stunning and better than it ever did at ADG.

Andyk

Good morning all....No work until the 6th September...HURRAY.......Packing, washing the car, boys hair cut, need to get a breathalyser and the bits for the front lights from Halfords ready for our French trip tomorrow. We normally fly so looking forward to driving.....