Festival Italia Brand Hatch 13th August 2017

MrPea

Thanks for a good day everyone. Jake loved it... it's if noise and a couple of crashes made him very happy.
It was also good to be waved through whilst telling them on the gate that I needed to buy my passenger a ticket.

Spartacus

yeah , i just drove straight in with Noelle s sister in the passenger seat , they did nt even ask for her to pay .

GeoffCapes

Yup, stayed for the parade. Just got back after quick bite on way back. My son is asleep after 2 mins of reading him a bit of EVO! It was a long day.

The parade laps were fantastic & better than I was expecting as thought there wouldn't be many. We did an out lap then were lined up on the grid for 3 parade laps. Was alongside a lovely sounding 430 for a bit.

I was testing a cheap GoPro wanna be so will see if I can get the footage up at some point.

Great day all & super to see you all.

Well done Mav on selling the motor. Good & bad I guess

Was getting burnt to a crisp so decided to leave 3 hours before the parade lap.
Were you on the GP track again? and was you allowed to go faster than 30mph?

Not sure why they wanted people in at 8am. 10am would have been a better time and more people would have stayed (IMHO).

FIFTY

We had a great day and was a pleasure seeing you guys there.

I really wanted to hang on for the parade but the sun was very strong and I am suffering with the worst sun burn I have had since going to Ibiza in 2012! Particularly on my face I got proper sunglasses tan lines haha!

Did the parade happen when planned at 1830 and did you go over the 30mph limit..? You know by going 31mph *ahem,cough,cough ;)

MarkMas

Chief pedant
It was a good event, and nice to see about 30 Maseratis fitting into a space 'absolutely limited to no more than 20' - indeed we could easily have fitted in a few more. Next time, it would be great to officially have space for everyone, without the mayhem!

I also wonder if we should get a bit more organised 'socially'. Of course some people know each other well, and/or come with their 'gang', or partner or whatever, of feel free to chat with whoever, or like to wander off to sit at Druids all day.... but I wonder if it might be more jolly if we had more of a social focal point somehow. Maybe our own 'grandstand' of folding chairs, or a cooler of ice & drinks or something.... Dunno.

rockits

Yes, the parade lap allowed a little more than 30mph. Maybe upto 60mph or when 2nd tops out. A few times of holding back allowing a quite burst. We were on the short circuit and the track they were using all day for the racing. Never been on the GP circuit so guessing that goes left up the hill after the Copper straight? We went right round McLaren/Clearways.

2b1ask1

Special case
Many years ago I did get round the GP circuit as a passenger in a Porsche 959 (1991 I think)... :)

MarkMas

Chief pedant
We were on the short circuit and the track they were using all day for the racing. Never been on the GP circuit so guessing that goes left up the hill after the Copper straight?

Yep, for the full circuit you head left and up into the woods at Surtees, and return to the short circuit on the Clearways straight under the bridge and rejoining at the start of Clark. I drove the full circuit on a track day in about 1997 - I found it very hard to learn such a long circuit!

Brands 2.jpg

llandow.jpg

FIFTY

60mph isn't bad. Thanks to Forza Motorsport series on Xbox I know the circuit pretty well despite only driving it once!

StuartW

Thanks again to Paul for organising the tickets, I know that it wasn't the most straight forward task.

Good to meet a few more of you and figuring out some real names vs forum names which is always a challenge!

I think that will be my last attempt at displaying my car though, I am not a fan of or very good at washing my car but I did and was at it until late the night before and then up at 5 to thrash down to Kent in order to arrive at Brands before 9 as requested. I then proceeded to follow signs for the entrance which took my through an over-spill parking field and dirt track which resulted in my car looking like it been taking part in a ploughing match.

General car park and a later start for me going forward!

GeoffCapes

Thanks again to Paul for organising the tickets, I know that it wasn't the most straight forward task.

Good to meet a few more of you and figuring out some real names vs forum names which is always a challenge!

I think that will be my last attempt at displaying my car though, I am not a fan of or very good at washing my car but I did and was at it until late the night before and then up at 5 to thrash down to Kent in order to arrive at Brands before 9 as requested. I then proceeded to follow signs for the entrance which took my through an over-spill parking field and dirt track which resulted in my car looking like it been taking part in a ploughing match.

General car park and a later start for me going forward!

I honestly can't see the point of an 8am start.
Surely 10am would be more sensible?

StuartW

I honestly can't see the point of an 8am start.
Surely 10am would be more sensible?

It makes for a very long day if you're staying for the track parade.

We have the same problem when we're showing dogs at Crufts. We need to be at the show for around 8am and might be finished showing by 9-10, but are not permitted to leave until 4pm so that the paying public can see all of the dogs - craziness

GeoffCapes

It makes for a very long day if you're staying for the track parade.

Exactly that. I wanted to do the parade, but was just knackered (and sun burnt) by 3pm so left at 3.30. I would have had to hang around for another 3 hours to do the parade.

I would also estimate that a third of people showing their cars left before me!

CatmanV2

Exactly that. I wanted to do the parade, but was just knackered (and sun burnt) by 3pm so left at 3.30. I would have had to hang around for another 3 hours to do the parade.

I would also estimate that a third of people showing their cars left before me!

This. Since the cars are at least part of the star as it were, I'd like to see a little more flexbility

C

allandwf

I can see your points, and the organisers should hopefully take them onboard, but at the end of the day it is run for the public is it not? So from that perspective it makes sense to have the cars arrive prior to them, possibly also an insurance issue. It's hard to strike a balance. It did look like an excellent show though, pity I couldn't make it.

CatmanV2

I can see your points, and the organisers should hopefully take them onboard, but at the end of the day it is run for the public is it not? So from that perspective it makes sense to have the cars arrive prior to them, possibly also an insurance issue. It's hard to strike a balance. It did look like an excellent show though, pity I couldn't make it.

It is indeed run for the public, but without the cars it's just another race meet......

C

del mar

Watching the Classis Ferrari races How competitive do you think a well set up Ghibli would be against them ?

I am not offering, nor do I have the skills, but urban myth suggests they would be competitive with 348's possibly even 355's.

I am sure one could be entered as a "guest". there would be a volume of work to get it it race spec, but Rich's car is probably up there maybe bar a cage ?