For anyone near Chelmsford or Colchester this Saturday

Dan!

or anyone interested, just had this press release through..

Lancaster Ferrari Colchester would like you to join them for an unforgettable day celebrating Ferraris 70th Anniversary! To celebrate the iconic anniversary, the dealership has organised a parade of over 100 Ferraris with both owners and enthusiasts, making this the largest Ferrari event in Essex history. Head on down to Bond Street for an exclusive opportunity to see the fleet of Ferraris in action as they drive through the centre of town. Leading the pack is the brand new, ultra-rare, limited edition The LaFerrari Aperta, which is one of only 200 in the world and worth £6,000,000! Don't miss your chance to be part of Essex's history, celebrating one of the most prestigious automotive anniversaries!

WHEN: 2:00pm on Saturday 22nd July, 2017

WHERE: (Suggested best shot of the fleet) Bond Street Chelmsford, CM1 1GD

WHAT: The event being organised by Lancaster Ferrari Colchester is to celebrate Ferraris 70th anniversary, where 100 Ferraris will be driving down Bond Street

But the hero of the hour will be - The LaFerrari Aperta. Ferraris most unique limited edition car, which will be leading the convoy of 100 Ferraris on this special commemorative day, down the notorious Bond Street. One of only 200 ever built, this limited edition car was sold before even available on market and worth over £6 million. This may be the only chance that Essex residents get to see the LaFerrari Aperta up close and personal.

EVENT TIMELINE:
2:00 – 4:00 Fleet of 100 Ferraris drive down Bond Street
4:30 Fleet arrives in Maldon led by LaFerrari Aperta
5:00 – 6:00 Fleet drives down Colchester High Street

INTERVIEWING & FILMING OPPORTUNITIES:

● See over 100 of the world's most unique and iconic Ferraris as they drive down Bond Street for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Some cars include:

○ Ferrari F12TDF – One of only 799 in the world, this rare Ferrari goes from 0-62mph in just 2.9 seconds with a maximum speed of over 211 mph. Worth over £1,000,000

○ Ferrari 250 GT Coupe Pininfarina (Classic) – This classic Ferrari was one of 350 made and cost only £6,326 when produced. Now, this iconic staple in the Ferrari family is valued anywhere in the range of £500,000 - £1,000,000

○ 20 of the 100 cars in convoy are local Ferrari owners themselves. 5 Kent Ferrari Owners Club members, 5 Anglia Owners Club members and 10 Essex Owners Club members are all participating in this celebration

○ Iconic shot of 100 Ferraris driving down Bond Street led by the ultra-rare LaFerrai Aperta, a sight not to be missed

● Interview a senior manager from Lancaster Ferrari Chelmsford about the 70th anniversary for the iconic brand, how the dealership was able to get 100 Ferraris to participate in the celebratory day including participation from 20 local owners and enthusiasts, design features that make these cars unique, and all the background on the limited edition 70th anniversary car leading the convoy, the LaFerrari Aperta.

● Interview the driver of the commemorative 70th anniversary limited edition car, LaFerrai Aperta. The driver is a trained professional Ferrari driver and can discuss the unique features of the car, driving for Ferrari and the most iconic cars in Ferraris history.*

Wack61

Leading the pack is the brand new, ultra-rare, limited edition The LaFerrari Aperta, which is one of only 200 in the world and worth £6,000,000!

They may sell it for 6m but whether it's worth that is debatable

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
That does look like fun. It's interesting that Ferrari seems to pride itself on the value / price of its cars more even than motorsport heritage or engineering prowess.

Anyway, if they ever wanted to do something raucous for Maserati we could put on quite a show. "The Flying Banana can make small girls cry from over 100 yards away..."

Dan!

I'll be going to Colchester high street and having a pint in the Wise Monkies afterwards if anyone's going

Phil the Brit

I'll be in the convoy with my F430. Looks like weather issue promised a couple of days ago is not going to materialise. Weather looks good now if you believe BBC weather.
If I had the spare cash, I would consider the F12 TDF a bargain at one million. For Ferrari it is all about rarity value and mileage. (I mean lack of mileage!).

Dan!

I'll be in the convoy with my F430. Looks like weather issue promised a couple of days ago is not going to materialise. Weather looks good now if you believe BBC weather.
If I had the spare cash, I would consider the F12 TDF a bargain at one million. For Ferrari it is all about rarity value and mileage. (I mean lack of mileage!).

I'll look out for you in a red one then... ;)

Phil the Brit

The crowds were amazing in every town we went to. The people must have been 10-20 deep down some of the streets. The route was certainly well publicised and Ferrari must be very pleased.