X-pipe on an automatic

Contigo

Sponsor
Lots on the 4.2 Auto Jon but possibly not on a 4.7 Granturismo S. As far as I understand the cats are slightly different (related to the gearbox position on the auto car at the front) but the exhaust cats backwards is pretty much identical to that of the 4.7 MCS cars. Fitting an X on a Sport would really enhance the engine tone and offer some nice pops and crackles on gear changes.

JonW

Lots on the 4.2 Auto Jon but possibly not on a 4.7 Granturismo S. As far as I understand the cats are slightly different (related to the gearbox position on the auto car at the front) but the exhaust cats backwards is pretty much identical to that of the 4.7 MCS cars. Fitting an X on a Sport would really enhance the engine tone and offer some nice pops and crackles on gear changes.

Thanks Phil....

Rwc13

I have an x pipe on my 4.7 auto......... makes a huge difference in both non-sport and sport modes

JonW

I have an x pipe on my 4.7 auto......... makes a huge difference in both non-sport and sport modes

Perfect - different how? Difference in terms of volume, or just in terms of more pops and bangs?

Rwc13

It's louder in non-Sport across the rev range but without being too loud for when you want to remain reasonably "inoffensive". In sport mode it is louder too, giving more of a snarl to the sound with a few pops and bangs particularly on the overrun.

JonW

It's louder in non-Sport across the rev range but without being too loud for when you want to remain reasonably "inoffensive". In sport mode it is louder too, giving more of a snarl to the sound with a few pops and bangs particularly on the overrun.

Thanks - I've come really close to ordering one for mine a couple of times, and today might be the day I finallly get round to it...

iainw

Thanks - I've come really close to ordering one for mine a couple of times, and today might be the day I finallly get round to it...

its a no brainer mate. best value for money mod you can buy. you will not regret it