Forum X pipes

Saigon

Could anyone assist by telling me How & Who I should contact regarding the purchase of some forum X pipes for my 4200. Will I notice much change in sound compared to the standard Maserati X pipes. Many thanks folks, and may I say that this is the most informative and genuinely helpful Forum I have come across.

atreyu1

You'll notice a difference in sound, quite "raspy" no real difference when the backbox valves are shut but sounds much in keeping with the car when giving it some stick!

Kyle4200

Could anyone assist by telling me How & Who I should contact regarding the purchase of some forum X pipes for my 4200. Will I notice much change in sound compared to the standard Maserati X pipes. Many thanks folks, and may I say that this is the most informative and genuinely helpful Forum I have come across.

How about the H-Pipe? BennyD can get either/or

Saigon

How about the H-Pipe? BennyD can get either/or

Kyle, I will be honest I haven't heard a 4200 with anything other than a standard exhaust system, which is in its self a great sound! But I have committed to the X pipe, and thats the way I will go. Intend to build on it from there, if I have the inclination.
Cheers.

gt86driver

Hello guys,
I was wondering is it necessary to have a retuned ECU with this type of modification:
Sensor before and after high flow cat..
9748b4aebda84c73c747aa06e46635ae.jpg
e278da3e7b07cdc7d1f4e4fa2fd59dce.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

gt86driver

That's good it's nice to see the performance step by step,
But surely the optimal performance will be with a tune..

One concern will there be a check engine light w/o the tune?

CatmanV2

Yes, but the difference between 'current' and 'optimal' is likely to be so close to zero as makes no odds. No likelihood of a CEL, You're just not changing the gas flow enough to step outside the map.

While we often like to point at the designs of OEM systems and claim it could be so much better, the blunt truth is that Maserati almost certainly spent quite a lot getting it right within the available parameters. Of course, it's possible to step outside that, but you'd need quite a big change.

C

FIFTY

Hello guys,
I was wondering is it necessary to have a retuned ECU with this type of modification:
Sensor before and after high flow cat..
9748b4aebda84c73c747aa06e46635ae.jpg
e278da3e7b07cdc7d1f4e4fa2fd59dce.jpg

Last image is a photo of my car, some of Josh's finest work which was his own words lol...

Straight after the modification you feel a big difference in throttle response and low end torque, they are both massively improved... it really transforms the car. The faster flowing gasses do cause the odd CEL to come on with exhaust codes as the lambdas get hotter now and think that there is something wrong with the cats, the solution is to buy a spacer kit and move the sensors out of the exhaust slightly, need to get round to sorting that myself... I am told that even the Larini sports cats will do this occasionally

No need for an ECU tune, I went on later to purchase a second hand Formula Dynamics ECM off the forum, sent it back to FD and explained the exhaust mods I have done and they took that into account when they reprogrammed it. In "peak BHP" mode it is quite beastly... revs freely, engine sounds louder and more pops and bangs from the exhaust... while in "economy" mode I have noticed a significant reduction in fuel usage on long haul journeys.

Also I have the incorrect clamps on mine the ones shown in the photo are for mild steel exhaust, I need to source the correct ones!

gt86driver

Second image is a photo of my car, some of Josh's finest work which was his own words lol...

Straight after the modification you feel a big difference in throttle response and low end torque, they are both massively improved... it really transforms the car. The faster flowing gasses do cause the odd CEL to come on with exhaust codes as the lambdas get hotter now and think that there is something wrong with the cats, the solution is to buy a spacer kit and move the sensors out of the exhaust slightly, need to get round to sorting that myself... I am told that even the Larini sports cats will do this occasionally

No need for an ECU tune, I went on later to purchase a second hand Formula Dynamics ECM off the forum, sent it back to FD and explained the exhaust mods I have done and they took that into account when they reprogrammed it. In "peak BHP" mode it is quite beastly... revs freely, engine sounds louder and more pops and bangs from the exhaust... while in "economy" mode I have noticed a significant reduction in fuel usage on long haul journeys.

Also I have the incorrect clamps on mine the ones shown in the photo are for mild steel exhaust, I need to source the correct ones!
Nice to hear about the performance gains & they do look lovely.

But with your statement about the odd Cel id think they might even pop up more with the x pipes...

It's not the cell that bothers me because basically it means your car can breath expell heat better. It's the annual inspection...