2006 GranSport LE what the bloody **** is this !!!

Aredes

My car is a 2002 and the aerial is mounted on the roof, near the back window. The Maserati cover even has a hole in that exact location for the aerial to stick out.

outrun

Thanks... time to do some more research - haven't seen anything as inconspicuous as the original head unit yet but at least with the ability to change the colour of the illumination which seems to be common now one can make it less garish.

I did this to my last GS. You need to install a separate DAB antenna which I placed on the front screen just above where the old tax disc holder was. Ran the wiring up the pillar as it's easy to unclip the leather cover there. Nice and tidy, worked perfectly. Also an Alpine, can't remember which one. I also upgraded the speakers and added an an amp hidden in the boot etc.

MAF260

I did this to my last GS. You need to install a separate DAB antenna which I placed on the front screen just above where the old tax disc holder was. Ran the wiring up the pillar as it's easy to unclip the leather cover there. Nice and tidy, worked perfectly. Also an Alpine, can't remember which one. I also upgraded the speakers and added an an amp hidden in the boot etc.

I've done the same in mine. DAB/Bluetooth etc. head unit. I already had all the speaker upgrades, amp and a custom subwoofer enclosure in the boot. DAB aerial is fairly inconspicuous.

Zep

Sorry for drift, but if I get, for example, an Alpine DAB CDE 1368T to replace the Becker, the windscreen aerial will, or (probably won't) work? I see that they talk about another aerial being needed.. & will the headunit control the CD changer in the boot?

Like some others I have this head unit too. I unclipped the trim above the door to expose the screw the releases the A pillar trim. Stuck the DAB antenna so it just overlapped the screen and put it all back on. You can't see the aerial at all and reception is tip top...

AlfaRomeoGTV6

I dearly love this GS, however such aerial will be removed immediately, the hole patched with metal and the panel repainted.

rodders70

I dearly love this GS, however such aerial will be removed immediately, the hole patched with metal and the panel repainted.

Hi gents. First post but spent the last week reading as much as I can about the GS as seriously thinking of joining the ranks. Info on here is second to none btw.

Laughed when I saw this page as I was considering that very vehicle. Its up for sale at a reasonable price and love the colour combo. But I simply cannot stand that aerial!

Alpha , i'm in Melbourne as you probably are. Have you contacted the bloke to ask anything about the vehicle? I know he says its a UK import but only talks about proof of history here which puts me off slightly.

Corranga

My car is a 2002 and the aerial is mounted on the roof, near the back window. The Maserati cover even has a hole in that exact location for the aerial to stick out.

Mine is a 2004 facelift and also has that roof aerial, but I assumed that was the phone aerial rather than the radio one.
Mine has the radio aerial in the windscreen (you can see the line) and presumably the rear screen as others have mentioned, though I've never noticed it personally.

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi gents. First post but spent the last week reading as much as I can about the GS as seriously thinking of joining the ranks. Info on here is second to none btw.

Laughed when I saw this page as I was considering that very vehicle. Its up for sale at a reasonable price and love the colour combo. But I simply cannot stand that aerial!

Alpha , i'm in Melbourne as you probably are. Have you contacted the bloke to ask anything about the vehicle? I know he says its a UK import but only talks about proof of history here which puts me off slightly.

G'day Rodders70

My apologies for not responding to your question sooner. I have spoken to the owner of this GranSport and he has very little knowledge of the car prior to its importation to Australia. There are members on this forum who are familiar with this car. In particular forum members are familiar with the custom stereo speaker installation in the doors and central driver/passenger armrest.

IMG_2645.jpg

Cheers mate, Ron

safrane

The car above was for sale at ADG in Sevenoaks Kent. The speakers and arm rest were a private commission from the then previous owner.

Alister at ADG should be able to fill in any missing blanks.

rodders70

Thanks for the great info boys, appreciate it. Funnily enough my wife is from Kent. Not sure that's a good sign or not!

Would be great to know more about it - by the looks of it, it had been for sale for over a year as I didn't appreciate Alpha's original post was 2106. Bloke is using same photo's now which also seems strange.