Question of the day

spkennyuk

I would think its an aquarium somewhere. Not knowing that many of them im left with two guesses. Sea world florida or sea life Blackpool. I think Blackpool had the longest acrylic tunnel at one point but more than one sheet to make it.

Navcorr

I take it this means China? No idea where if so.

Is this aquarium actually a tourist attraction - or simply a method of preserving fish stock. They're as bad as the Spanish :smile:

hoyin

I take it this means China? No idea where if so.

Is this aquarium actually a tourist attraction - or simply a method of preserving fish stock. They're as bad as the Spanish :smile:

Chengudu in China. I only know this as I am working with Reynolds Polymer who do all this acrylic stuff on some of our projects and they showed it to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

Chengudu in China. I only know this as I am working with Reynolds Polymer who do all this acrylic stuff on some of our projects and they showed it to us.

I'm prepared to accept that :)

Over to you, Hoyin

C

hoyin

Where is the oldest tree in the world. And roughly how old is it?

GeoffCapes

I'd guess at the Redwood's in North America. I'm sure I read somewhere that they have living trees that they believe to be over 2,000 years old.

spkennyuk

That would have been my answer but did it not change relatively recently wasn't there a tree identified as over 9000 years old?

I think i recall an article about a Norweigan spruce being over 9000 years old but i think that was one tree as against the bristle cone pines in California with several examples at 4000 years plus.

hoyin

I think i recall an article about a Norweigan spruce being over 9000 years old but i think that was one tree as against the bristle cone pines in California with several examples at 4000 years plus.

That doesn't count. As that is a clonal tree one that grown new trunks and roots over time. It needs to be an individual tree!

As per QI the clackson has just sounded for you!

spkennyuk

That doesn't count. As that is a clonal tree one that grown new trunks and roots over time. It needs to be an individual tree!

As per QI the clackson has just sounded for you!

I was referring to zags comment. Rather than answering the question. :)

The answer to the question is as far as i know the bristle cone pine as Allandwf said. I just chipped in with the place and rough age being California and plus 4000 years old. :)