Trouble getting into 1st, time for a clutch ??

Scaf

I would definitely call to contact them and ask, what is listed above seems to be generic wording for standard manual gearbox / clutch. my warranty has similar wording HOWVER when I bought the car I rang and checked and as its a semi automatic it is covered (in my case 80% of costs).
Good luck !

Ryandoc

Well hearing that I'll definitely give it a go, would be astonished if it was covered but a phone call costs nothing

Ryandoc

Been through all my paperwork of which I believe I have everything done on car from new and looks like still on original clutch.

I've emailed JCT for a price and for them to also confirm she's never had a clutch replacement. Stands to reason that's the cause of recent issues by the sounds of it

StuartW

Been through all my paperwork of which I believe I have everything done on car from new and looks like still on original clutch.

I've emailed JCT for a price and for them to also confirm she's never had a clutch replacement. Stands to reason that's the cause of recent issues by the sounds of it

Agreed, it does sound likely and when you get the price you should ask them what other parts they will be changing whilst doing the clutch as that will affect the price

Ryandoc

What's the recommendation here I need some educating on it? Naturally I've just asked for clutch replacement, I did ask for advise on flywheel as I read that you can only asses it's condition when you get a look at it, anything else I need to know ?

Guessing somewhere around £2.5k for clutch alone is that right ?

Ryandoc

Give Marious a ring at Autoshield as well,
I trailered mine to him on the AA truck....
Dave

Bit if a faff on for me that, will be other falcon or JCT. Falcon say they can do it so guess it comes down to price and convenience. Would like it doke quickly so getting car to someone also comes into play