Question of the day

zagatoes30

This is what I was referring to :-

"Away from the track, the BAR Honda team used a modified BAR 007 car, which they claim complied with FIA Formula One regulations, to set an unofficial speed record of 413 km/h (257 mph) on a one way straight line run on 6 November 2005 during a shakedown ahead of their Bonneville 400 record attempt. The car was optimised for top speed with only enough downforce to prevent it from leaving the ground. The car, badged as a Honda following their takeover of BAR at the end of 2005, set an FIA ratified record of 400 km/h (249 mph) on a one way run on 21 July 2006 at Bonneville Speedway. On this occasion the car did not fully meet FIA Formula One regulations, as it used a moveable aerodynamic rudder for stability control, breaching article 3.15 of the 2006 Formula One technical regulations which states that any specific part of the car influencing its aerodynamic performance must be rigidly secured."

Honda F1 @ Bonneville

GeoffCapes

I may as well take a guess at Monza?

Monza is correct.

If its much higher i will guess at 235 mph and Mclaren as the car.

As you're close I'll give it to you. It was 233mph.

However, the car, is incorrect.
As I'm out all day I'll give you the rest.

It was Jaques Villeneuve in a Sauber Ferrari.
Although there are various other claims to it.

Over to one of you guys.

zagatoes30

I would never disagree with the Quiz Master but as suggested there are many claims to this record but the official FIA approved record is Montoya at Monza with a 231.5 mph

Top speeds are in practice limited by the longest straight at the track, in testing one month prior to the 2005 Italian Grand Prix, Juan Pablo Montoya of the McLaren-Mercedes F1 team recorded a record top speed of 372.6 km/h (231.5 mph), which got officially recognised by the FIA as the fastest speed ever achieved by an F1 car, even though it was not set during an officially sanctioned session during a race weekend.

In the 2005 Italian GP Kimi Räikkönen of Mclaren-Mercedes was recorded at 370.1 km/h (229.9 mph). This record was broken at the 2016 Mexican Grand Prix by Williams driver Valtteri Bottas, whose top speed in race conditions was 372.54 km/h (231.48 mph). However, even though this information was shown in FIA's official monitors, the FIA is yet to accept it as an official record. Bottas had previously set an even higher record top speed during qualifying for the 2016 European Grand Prix, recording a speed of 378.035 km/h (234.9 mph), albeit through the use of slipstream drafting. This top speed is yet to be confirmed by any official method as currently the only source of this information is the Williams team's Twitter post, while the FIA's official speed trap data measured Bottas' speed at 366.1 kmh in that instance.

But as I previously suggested the actual fastest speed by a F1 car was Honda which set an FIA ratified record of 400 km/h (249 mph) on a one way run on 21 July 2006 at Bonneville Speedway.

I'm off to hide in a dark corner to avoid any abuse ;)

spkennyuk

Whats the only top 20 hit since charts began where the song title and the artists name are both palindromes ? Song and artist required but far to easy for you lot :)