Reaction to Maserati

keith

I still remain surprised at the reaction the Ghibli draws.
On Saturday whilst waxing the car, Swissvax Best of Show for those obsessive nutters like me, that spend far too much time obsessing about the condition of their car, when I discovered a tiny dent in the rear wing. I was able to locate a dent master guy that afternoon. Chatting to him after he had finished, he was surprised that the Ghibli was just a 5 series E class rival. He was thinking as it was A Maserati it must cost well over 100,000!
Also on Monday whilst visiting Oxford, I thought I would grab a picture of the freshly polished car in the sun. I was amazed at the number of passers by looking and commenting on the car. I can't imagine any German rival attracting so much attention.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 153

Contigo

Sponsor
Which is Ironic as it is the most Euro / Japanese looking car they have ever made. I love those Lexus rear lights :D

Car looks lovely !

MrMickS

I had a couple stop and chat for a good 15 minutes at the weekend. The Ghibli paints look so good in bright sunlight.

GeoffCapes

One of the best things about driving a Maserati is that you are always let out of turnings and into traffic.

MrPea

I still remain surprised at the reaction the Ghibli draws.
On Saturday whilst waxing the car, Swissvax Best of Show for those obsessive nutters like me, that spend far too much time obsessing about the condition of their car, when I discovered a tiny dent in the rear wing. I was able to locate a dent master guy that afternoon. Chatting to him after he had finished, he was surprised that the Ghibli was just a 5 series E class rival. He was thinking as it was A Maserati it must cost well over 100,000!
Also on Monday whilst visiting Oxford, I thought I would grab a picture of the freshly polished car in the sun. I was amazed at the number of passers by looking and commenting on the car. I can't imagine any German rival attracting so much attention.

Front entrance to Wadham College, opposite the back gate of Trinity? That's certainly a place that has a LOT of pedestrian passer-bys.

hoyin

Front entrance to Wadham College, opposite the back gate of Trinity? That's certainly a place that has a LOT of pedestrian passer-bys.

Ha I am often there. I am designing a new building for the college!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keith

Correct... As you can see in this picture.
These colleges are unbelievable when you walk round. My wife studied at St Edmunds Hall, I'm afraid I didn't have the grey matter for such places!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 88

StuartW

Correct... As you can see in this picture.
These colleges are unbelievable when you walk round. My wife studied at St Edmunds Hall, I'm afraid I didn't have the grey matter for such places!!!

A lovely photo,

Navcorr

My wife studied at St Edmunds Hall

That is a lovely looking Ghibli. Was your colour choice perhaps a nod to an Oxford allegiance? Or purely coincidental? May I just add, if I may be so bold, I prefer a lighter shade of blue :)

keith

Well at the time my choice was the Red, however my wife preferred the blue. Any link to Oxford colours was I think purely coincidental.

iainw

Navcorr said he liked a lighter shade of blue (hinting at Cambridge blue)- Cantabrigian means ex Cambridge university in Latin. I went to Cambridge and was wondering if Navcorr did too..