GS Prices

safrane

There is a lovely looking Rosso one on Richards site at £29k...do like that paint despite otjers views...would look even better with a little carbon spoiler on the boot.

rockits

Yup, agreed. Very nice.

I like Rosso on all 3200/4200/GS/QP but not on GT for some reason.

Indeed carbon rear lip spoiler and grey/darker wheels and that would look fab.

conaero

Forum Owner
I turned down £32k for my GS last week from a forum member. (44k miles, clutch 9%, LE, Nero Cab with tan and full sports exhaust)

If it was up for sale I would have taken it, it was more of a question of what do you replace it with for the same/similar money and I couldn't think of anything.

safrane

Hmmm...wonder if mine is worth similar...like Matts' with a few more miles, but service and clutch less than 300 miles ago...May be tempted after my lakes trip in April.

MrCoop

I turned down £32k for my GS last week from a forum member. (44k miles, clutch 9%, LE, Nero Cab with tan and full sports exhaust)

If it was up for sale I would have taken it, it was more of a question of what do you replace it with for the same/similar money and I couldn't think of anything.

Mate, same dilemma. I can sell mine for not far off £30k (50k miles, clutch 20%, LE, Med Blu, nero interior, Larini's) but then would need to add a significant chunk into the pot for a Stradale. I've too much else going on, otherwise that Stradale at Romans was very very tempting!

There are a handful of GS cars still for sale from the time I bought mine in September 2016. The rarity factor with such low volume cars is going to mean prices will hold and increase over the next few years for sure. But as others have remarked, if I sold it, what would I replace it with at similar money? I hanker after a 430 but prices of those are still silly. Don't think I'd move across from a GS to a 360 now (couldn't bear all that additional cost of cam belt changes every three years on the dot, irrespective of usage with me only doing around 2k miles per annum).

m1980k

You would need 2 separate cars to replace a GS - a bigger GT and a smaller sports car. I sometimes look at R8s and GTRs in the classifieds but don't go further than that. I think I'd need a QP GTS and an Exige to part with my car.

conaero

Forum Owner
I would indeed consider a 430 but as you rightly point out, they have bolted and the GS has not.

Ewan

Yup, agreed. Very nice.

I like Rosso on all 3200/4200/GS/QP but not on GT for some reason.

Indeed carbon rear lip spoiler and grey/darker wheels and that would look fab.

Agreed. A red GS is a lovely thing.

I think the problem with red on a GT is the orange indicator lights at the front. The orange and red clash. Plus the GT is nearly as large as a London bus.

m1980k

I didn't get on with the 430 when I had my brief drive at Brands on the supercar experience day. Much preferred the weightier feel and the noise of the Gallardo LP-560 (as well as the R8 V10). Gallardo looks a million times better too...

rockits

I think we are mostly in the same boat with 4200/GS's. I wouldn't sell mine for 30k.

What would be the point as I can't replace it with much better for the same or a little more. You need to be spending 50-60k+ to get something worth changing it for. I haven't got that kind of money and am not sure I would spend it all on one car if I did anyway.

The most I have spent on a car is 25k.

jayblue

I think we are mostly in the same boat with 4200/GS's. I wouldn't sell mine for 30k.

What would be the point as I can't replace it with much better for the same or a little more. You need to be spending 50-60k+ to get something worth changing it for. I haven't got that kind of money and am not sure I would spend it all on one car if I did anyway.

The most I have spent on a car is 25k.

Certainly an opinion I share too. I have stopped looking at cars which I could possibly "upgrade" to now and have decided to just be content with the GS. It has more than enough power for road use, with some light exhaust mods sounds as good as practically anything else on the road and is ageing well in the looks department. If it appreciates slowly in value offsetting the cost of running it then that is a bonus too!

D Walker

Mate, same dilemma. I can sell mine for not far off £30k (50k miles, clutch 20%, LE, Med Blu, nero interior, Larini's) but then would need to add a significant chunk into the pot for a Stradale. I've too much else going on, otherwise that Stradale at Romans was very very tempting!

Remember - I have 1st dibs!!!!!

foibles

Welcome to the fold, thanks for joining.

Are they cheaper? We have to pay 20% vat on import which probably means they're the same price.

Welcome to the fold, thanks for joining.

Are they cheaper? We have to pay 20% vat on import which probably means they're the same price.

Dicky....isn't there also a 10% duty to be imposed on these cars? Mu understanding is that it is a 10% duty plus a 20% vat which is compounded on both the duty and shipping and customs charges. So in effect it is tantamount to an extra 33% on top of purchase price.

philw696

You have to be so careful buying from that part of the world without seeing the car in the flesh first.
People get caught all the time here.
The worlds lowest mileage GS for sale with Winger Maserati in Auckland has had a complete respray and interior re trim from humidity damage in storage.

Team GCR

There are a handful of GS cars still for sale from the time I bought mine in September 2016. The rarity factor with such low volume cars is going to mean prices will hold and increase over the next few years for sure. But as others have remarked, if I sold it, what would I replace it with at similar money? I hanker after a 430 but prices of those are still silly. Don't think I'd move across from a GS to a 360 now (couldn't bear all that additional cost of cam belt changes every three years on the dot, irrespective of usage with me only doing around 2k miles per annum).

A 360 is a slight step up over a normal GS but the difference isn't as big as you might think and I actually prefer the 360 to the 430 it just works better for what I want. However as soon as you go to an MC Victory I then prefer the MCV. I sold my GS Spyder and GS and bought the MCV thinking the 360 would fill the Italian convertible role, the trouble is the MCV is now so good it has made me question also owning the 360.

So the 360 sadly will be going but the MCV will definitely be staying!

philw696

Interesting I loved my 360 but it was a Modena F1 and looked and sounded like a Challenge.
Downside 2 seated and the cost of keeping the Ferrari history going.
I have driven many 4200, GS and the one and only MC Victory here in NZ.
If I was a collector I would want the MCV otherwise I prefer my high mileage 4200 so much quicker than the low mileage cars.
High speed driving the 360 was amazing :)