Changing ECU on the 3200

Lextasy

Banned
Hi folks,

A simple question: can you change the ECU on the 3200, the ECU being the IAW4.CM. I suspect an earth fault in it after many problems with first the pedal pot, Throttle body and Absolute pressure sensor.(see my other thread)
But I heard a rumour that it cannot be swopped just like that..it needed programming. I find it hard to believe but if any one knows more please step forward...

may thanks

Lextasy

jluis

It's replaceable if it's the same model (there are 2 different models) and if you replace the immobilizer and key transceivers too.
Usually the whole kit is for sale on eBay.

Why do you suspect the ECU?

Lextasy

Banned
Hi JLuis,

****..I only have the ECU at this moment..maybe I can get my hands on the Immobilizer and keys...but I do hope this is not necessary since we drifting more and more into the woods..
The problems started a while ago with limp mode and after investigation (please read my other thread) I have replaced the pedalpot for a contacless one since the old one was indeed off at full throttle. The wiring was done very clumsy and the grounding was not on C8 BUT separate on D5 and D9 which should been "not connected" according to my books.

Alas we kept on having ground issues and it then also turned out that the throttle body was suspect and changed that too. We also had to alter the end stop of the pedal pot since when giving full throttle it rose above 3,7 V and Check Engine Light went on.
CAr was running fantastic and all of a sudden the same problem jumped up again....no pedal response.. unbelievable..fault code given: : short circuit to ground I recall.

So I was just playing with the idea to change and check as test.

If anyone can add to this please let me know!