Fault Code P0030, H02S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

richi

Hey guys! I hope that you can help me with that.. I cannot find any information about exactly which sensor this might be. There is only a thread that says what the P0050 is. The LHD and RHD confusion doesn't make it any better! :) (driver's side on the left in my case!)

Thanks, Richard

CatmanV2

Lambda sensor, Bank 1, sensor one. Left hand bank from driver's POV I'm sure, primary sensor.

C

voicey

Bank one is cylinders 1-4. The code is telling you that the heating element in the lambda is open circuit. Probably the sensor itself but worth looking at the wiring first (in case is has melted or chafed through).

CatmanV2

Bank one is cylinders 1-4. The code is telling you that the heating element in the lambda is open circuit. Probably the sensor itself but worth looking at the wiring first (in case is has melted or chafed through).

Which one is, bank 1, voicey? I have a feeling that RJ237 is right and it's on the RHS from the driver's POV?

C

voicey

Which one is, bank 1, voicey? I have a feeling that RJ237 is right and it's on the RHS from the driver's POV?

C

I said cylinders 1-4 to avoid the confusion that goes with this type of advice! Helpfully the injector and coil wiring is labelled so the OP can see for himself.

In general (for Ferrari and Maserati V8s) if you stand with your chest facing the flywheel #1 is to your far right and the crank will rotate anti-clockwise.

CatmanV2

I said cylinders 1-4 to avoid the confusion that goes with this type of advice! Helpfully the injector and coil wiring is labelled so the OP can see for himself.

In general (for Ferrari and Maserati V8s) if you stand with your chest facing the flywheel #1 is to your far right and the crank will rotate anti-clockwise.

Heheh. Understood :)

C

richi

I've had both primary sensors replaced and haven't got the message anymore! Thanks a lot! Cheers, Richard