Where to find some straight through rears exhausts ?

midlifecrisis

I would be interested but unfortunately after reading their website...

We are located in Hastings, East Sussex and are accessible from anywhere in Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and London.

I can't get to them being in Dorset... Lol... However I could do with a mid-section replacement...

atreyu1

We are located in Hastings, East Sussex and are accessible from anywhere in Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and London.

I can't get to them being in Dorset... Lol... However I could do with a mid-section replacement...

I'd be happy to take the chance they'd fit my car and presume the company would post them to me at my cost.

I'd be interested if they could be done a little cheaper, potentially that's four sets? Anyone else?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate

X or H, I can help you with that!

mchristyuk

Ok everyone.. a number of things here..

1) You wouldn't need to be local. They would get made and sent to you (at your cost) for you to fit, or your local mechanic.
2) Yes there is a choice of tips.. there's probably a catalogue (or their supplier) they can point you to.
3) If you want an X or H pipe then Benny is your man.. I have one of his X-Pipes and it's great! :)

I'm going to go and see the guys tomorrow to see if they're interested in doing something a bit more "productionised" so they can do more than just mine and Martyns "one offs".

The way I'd see it working is rather than doing bulk purchases through me, you'd just email/ring them direct and quote this forum and get a set made at a discount price. Whether they interested in doing this or not I don't know.. I will know more tomorrow..

Cheers

Mark

atreyu1

Sounds good Mark, I suspect to do a litte "discounted price" they would like a minimum number of orders though. It does sound like a few of us are interested.

Spartacus

PM sent Mark ....Looks like your going into the exhaust business ha ha :Suicide:

.... but it may well be worth asking them for a discount based on a bulk order order purchased seperatly . Its work for them at the end oftr the day ;)

Last edited:

mchristyuk

Ok chaps,

I've had a chat with them and here's where we are at..

They're only a small outfit and are full of work as it is, each set would be hand made and take the same time/material cost.. so there's not much meat on the bone to be discounting, especially considering the numbers we're potentially talking. They're just not set up for mass production and the cost of making a jig for a handful of exhausts would be more than it's worth.

But.

If I can get a list of potentially interested names with me on Monday when I go to get mine and Martyn's made then there could be scope for a small bit of money off for another production run.

The second production run would be a one off and I'd leave my car with them as a template to do them.

So.. this is a one off opportunity. If you want a set of hand made stainless straight through rear exhaust pipes for your 4200 then put your name down on the list here. Maximum price will be £350 a set but if we get enough names down then that could come down a little bit.

Delivery would be extra, or they can be passed on at meets, etc...

Cheers

Mark

mchristyuk

Ok Chaps,

I've finally got my exhausts made and bolted on. Now in the process of scaring most of the local inhabitants of Hastings with my morning saunter to work! Apologies for the cameraman's impression of Mutley in the video, but.. these cars do have a habit in bringing out the child in all of us! In fact, after pulling up on the driveway yesterday the elderly lady from next door came up to me and said "Sounds like a proper Maserati now." Bless.

[video=youtube;avX6cS6Le_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avX6cS6Le_k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Moving on.. I know a couple of you showed interest in grabbing a pair. After discussing with the place that made them they've agreed they would do a one off batch at £299 each if there's enough interested parties. Obviously this is not fitted and not with postage. They will require my car as the template when they do them, hence this is a one off opportunity.

If you'd like a set then speak now.. once the offer is gone, it's gone!

Cheers

Mark

mchristyuk

Hi Josh,

Yes the offer is open. You're the only one showing an interest at the moment though!

All you other lurkers. If there's anybody that wants a set of straight through exhausts for your 4200 for £299 + shipping (£30ish) then speak now..!

Cheers

Mark

ANY

I am tempted. Already have the X-pipe. In sound volume how would you judge the installation compared to e.g. a GandTourismo MC with open valves, or other comparable modern "loud" cars like Jaguar F-Type or Ferraris?
Would be great if still possible to attend track days without swapping back (95dB).

rockits

Already have straight throughs and secondary decat straight through sections on my 4200. I would certainly recommend it though. It is pretty loud!

Contigo

Sponsor
I am tempted. Already have the X-pipe. In sound volume how would you judge the installation compared to e.g. a GandTourismo MC with open valves, or other comparable modern "loud" cars like Jaguar F-Type or Ferraris?
Would be great if still possible to attend track days without swapping back (95dB).

Straight throughs and an X pipe no not a chance. You are into the 120db area there.

ANY

I still have the original cats though. Today combined with the X-pipe and CSC sport back boxes.

mchristyuk

Before I fitted mine I had an X-Pipe and primary cat delete and to be honest it wasn't that much louder than stock.

Fitting the straight throughs on the rear put me straight into "holy sh!t that's loud.. I'm going to scare people when I drive past!" territory.

So, no chance of it being anywhere near 95db I'm afraid with these on!

When I spoke to the exhaust place they said that if it's volume you want, always start at the back and then move forwards along the exhaust. I did it the other way around and I can now see why they said what they did!

For anybody thinking about getting a set of these, I'll wait until the end of the month before closing it off and getting them made for those who have shown an interest.

Cheers

Mark

CatmanV2

I still have the original cats though. Today combined with the X-pipe and CSC sport back boxes.

It matters little. The back boxes have a huge silencing impact. Perhaps some valved boxes would suit sir?

C

FIFTY

Is there such a thing as custom back boxes with valves?

Mine has unsilenced x-pipe primary cat delete secondary 100 cell cats and the "squished" section is fully round so it is "loud enough" for the majority of the time but sometimes I want it to be louder hence why I would consider valved...

That said I read on larini's website you cannot go full throttle with the valves closed as it could damage the engine. I think I'm going to leave it as it is for the moment