QP5 Aircon gas

Massa in Perth

Hi all, my mechanic has asked me how much refrigerant to put into the aircon on my QP 5 (he's just done some maintenance work on the system). Does anyone know how many grams it should be?

The figure is in the workshop manual, which as far as I can tell is unobtainium...

Thanks in advance.

voicey

Air conditioning system:
R134 600 (g) +/-30 (g)
PAG RL 897 60 (g)

What's with the 19kb limit on pdf uploads?!

Massa in Perth

Thanks. The local indy dealer looked up the manual and told me the system takes 840g R134. so now I'm concerned.... the car's a 2006 QP 5. Can you confirm that 600g figure please?

Many thanks

Mr K

Thanks. The local indy dealer looked up the manual and told me the system takes 840g R134. so now I'm concerned.... the car's a 2006 QP 5. Can you confirm that 600g figure please?

Many thanks

My MY07 Sport GT Duo Select takes 1100cc R134a and 125cc oil type: SP10 (Sanden) according to page 200 of the owner's manual. I changed the compressor on my first QPV, also a MY07 Sport GT, and my a/c man put those amounts in, confirming they're correct. A bit concerning that there are 3 different figures being talked about!

adam01

I recall reading there were two stds. One Euro and one for US with regards to refrigerant capacity

Still trying to work how to determine on my OZ delivered car

voicey

It seems that there at least two numbers. The 1100cc has come from the 4.2 workshop manual I have and the 600g has come from the 4.7 workshop manual.

Attachments

• aircon.jpg
    aircon.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 46

Massa in Perth

It seems that there at least two numbers. The 1100cc has come from the 4.2 workshop manual I have and the 600g has come from the 4.7 workshop manual.

Excellent, thanks Voicey. I assume that is a 4200 QP not a coupe? They would have different a/c capacities (and maybe systems) given the vastly different cabin sizes.

All I have to do now is find the conversion factor for R134 CCs : g so I know how 1100ccs relates to 840g. My mechanic's approach given the three prior numbers was to fill to 600g, test, (not cold), fill to 700, test (not cold) then fill to 840g and test (cold).