Awoke the beast!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Lovely day today, washed the daily drives first thing, and ran into town with the soot chucker.
Got back, hoping the light dust down the side was salt free...was it heckers, you could put it on your chips!! :sad3:
I'm sorry, but I just can't expose her to salt, she has escaped it for nearly 15 years and it shows as a result.
Anyway had to get the V8 fix with one of the V8's so uncovered the Maser and got her onto the drive.
Started on the button after 3 months, no knocks or rattles which is always a good sign after 3 months inactivity, and ran her up and down the (short) drive and got her up to temperature.
Gave everything under the bonnet a good soaking in ACF50 (my new favourite maintenance and anti-corrosion spray), gave the leather a good soaking in liquid leather conditioner, and made a call on the built in phone to keep the PAYG sim card active!
Now back in the garage, fitted dust cover refitted, maintenance battery charger reconnected, and hoping for spring to come early! Please!

Swedish Paul

I run mine through a heat cycle one a month. Puts a smile on my face even though I know I won't take her out for a full thrashing until the end of May.

I miss the UK. For all the right reasons....

alfi boy

Took my 50 year old out today, just love it, amazing that my masa is a V8 like the River but totally different animals.

Attachments

• IMG_9342.jpg
    IMG_9342.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 202

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Mike...have you put th sway bars on? Would like to have a feedback.

No not yet.
Need to sort for this spring though, pull my finger out!
Front one looks straight forward to fit, rear a bit more tricky.
Also need to decide whether to keep the original springs too...

Caldy999

Front one looks straight forward to fit, rear a bit more tricky.
You're not kidding - I'm not afraid to try anything but having viewed and researched recommendations for the rear, I booked it into my local (Revolution) who utilised a ramp to drop the subframe.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
You're not kidding - I'm not afraid to try anything but having viewed and researched recommendations for the rear, I booked it into my local (Revolution) who utilised a ramp to drop the subframe.

You fitted the uprated anti-roll bars then...what have I got to look forward too as a result?!

alfatwo

Lovely day today, washed the daily drives first thing, and ran into town with the soot chucker.
Got back, hoping the light dust down the side was salt free...was it heckers, you could put it on your chips!! :sad3:
I'm sorry, but I just can't expose her to salt, she has escaped it for nearly 15 years and it shows as a result.
Anyway had to get the V8 fix with one of the V8's so uncovered the Maser and got her onto the drive.
Started on the button after 3 months, no knocks or rattles which is always a good sign after 3 months inactivity, and ran her up and down the (short) drive and got her up to temperature.
Gave everything under the bonnet a good soaking in ACF50 (my new favourite maintenance and anti-corrosion spray), gave the leather a good soaking in liquid leather conditioner, and made a call on the built in phone to keep the PAYG sim card active!
Now back in the garage, fitted dust cover refitted, maintenance battery charger reconnected, and hoping for spring to come early! Please!

Funny enough Mike I did the same this afternoon... First time I've seen the old 3200 GT in nearly 12 months, still such a lovely looking car..

Bit of a faff and polish and back under the cover till April

Hopefully I'm going to use the old banger a little more this coming summer, Current mileage reads 25,600!

Dave

philw696

Keep the Beast awakened use it or lose it.
Lovely P5 Coupe too.
Nice to see a few of us like a little bit of old school English in our Stables as well :)

Caldy999

I didn't learn a lot on my 5 mile, dual carriageway return journey! Have since fitted the FD rear tie bars - another pig of a job - and awaiting the return of my steering wheel from being recovered. It's looking like an April return to the road so I'll let you know.

Almichie

The 3200 came out of its hibernation too, started first time without any issues at all and took her for a spin to Castle Cary. She behaved impeccably, other than an odd flashing tail light.. which I need to look into.

Such a good feeling when you hear them start for a few months, and an even better feeling driving down the road... hopefully spring isn't too far away now and those salt less days will be hear again, very soon

alfi boy

Keep the Beast awakened use it or lose it.
Lovely P5 Coupe too.
Nice to see a few of us like a little bit of old school English in our Stables as well :)

So true Phil, the old cars hate not being used, thanks all for the comments on the old girl

P5Nij

Took my 50 year old out today, just love it, amazing that my masa is a V8 like the River but totally different animals.

Seeing your fine example just reinforces how much I miss mine - sold it just over two years ago and have regretted it ever since...

ROVER P5B DSCF0991abb.jpg

P5Nij

Is that Zircin blue with buckskin interior, looks lovely!
Love the Stag also had a few of them and just loved the exhaust note.

Yep - monotone Zircon Blue / Buckskin combo. Every car show I took it too 'blokes of a certain age' kept coming over and asking why it didn't have a contrasting Silver Birch roof - it was monotone from new in 1970 when it was sold from Henlys in North London. Bought it from a guy who'd restored pretty much 95% of it but never quite finished the job because he'd bought a Mk2 Jag project so the Rover had to go. I sold it to a lovely old boy in Morpeth but I really wish I'd kept it. That V8 burble was wonderful and it really used to pick up its skirt when the occasion demanded it.... wooooofle...!