Maserati Independent garages

Panicracing

I use Lovetts up here in Swindon as 5 minutes away from me. Always been great for parts and workshop. They will give you a cheaper rate with older Maserati's. As a MD I've price checked a few jobs they have done over the years but always been competitive.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Jono

The attention to detail at Ftech is outstanding.I suspect because they are relatively new,(but hugely experienced)they really do,to quote the old Avis copy line.try harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarkMas

Chief pedant
The guys at Migliore in Bromsgrove are great - not the 'operating theatre' style of place like FTech or Chiswick, more like an enthusiast's shed, but they seem to know what they are doing. Dick Lovett in Swindon seem to be sensible and attentive, but prices are high (I will have to try waving Conaero 's name about). Bob Houghton, north of Cirencester also an option (not been there), but similar prices to main dealer. I keep hearing good things about Carrs is Exeter. Not sure I could ever go to FTech, because of the rogue apostrophes on their website :)

FTECH

Sponsor
The guys at Migliore in Bromsgrove are great - not the 'operating theatre' style of place like FTech or Chiswick, more like an enthusiast's shed, but they seem to know what they are doing. Dick Lovett in Swindon seem to be sensible and attentive, but prices are high (I will have to try waving Conaero 's name about). Bob Houghton, north of Cirencester also an option (not been there), but similar prices to main dealer. I keep hearing good things about Carrs is Exeter. Not sure I could ever go to FTech, because of the rogue apostrophes on their website :)

Rogue apostrophes have now been evicted. Thank you very much for pointing it out and sorry about our clinical workshop but that how we prefer to work.

Not sure 'Carrs is Exeter' in your comment is correct though. Must be a rogue 'is'....:smile:

Spartacus

Oh that s where my car is ...F Tech ...Top notch service in my opinion . Can t wait to pick up The Lilac F4g Mobile this week , and meet Dan and Tim ;)

Hi Justin. We would be more than happy to receive your car into Ftech. As mentioned by other discerning forum members, we can collect and deliver at very reasonable rates and with over 16 years experience of Maserati's, Dan our Technical Director will be able to maintain your pride and joy in tip top condition.

Maser Central today at Ftech

View attachment 41177

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
Rogue apostrophes have now been evicted. Thank you very much for pointing it out and sorry about our clinical workshop but that how we prefer to work.

Not sure 'Carrs is Exeter' in your comment is correct though. Must be a rogue 'is'....:smile:

Very good! :D

16558341_10155419137060016_239771535_n.jpg

MarkMas

Chief pedant

Phew! That is such a relief!

I think that the fans of Carrs are so vehement that they say, "Carrs IS Exeter". (Possibly "Carrs ARE Exeter"). But I'm starting to like Ftech!

safrane

Oh that s where my car is ...F Tech ...Top notch service in my opinion . Can t wait to pick up The Lilac F4g Mobile this week , and meet Dan and Tim ;)

Have you collected your car yet Martyn?...What's your verdict on the new clutch?

Skid1769

There is an independent in Cardiff, very good, low cost compared to Dick Lovett who charge £180 per hour about, plus after whet they did to my car I will never use them again. The independent is a guy called Mike, owns his own 3200 so has plenty of experience, I think his garage is called TLC motors. His number is +44 7957 688803

safrane

And in comparison FTech, who are ex HR Owen and Carrs MD staff charge less than half of DL and almost a 1/3 of that other Main Stealer referred to above.

But then if you want marble floors, leather sofa, coffee and expresso, along with a huge showroom and a bit of Totty on reception; the money has to come from somewhere.

CJC

Great news if you have an older car as dealers have special pricing for servicing. Not so great if your QP is due its second service. From my three local main dealers the dealer who's getting my business is just under half the highest quote. The two highest were not interested in haggling although they did say they would price match right up to the point I told them my cheapest quote!

It's still a **** of a lot of money to change the oil and brake fluid. The rest of the cost seems to be me having to pay them to check everything on the car to find extra work for them to bill me for. It had four new tyres fitted last week, the tyre bay checked four wheel alignment, discs, pads etc. and even topped up the washer fluid for free in the hope they would find some extra work for themselves.

Safrane, Thank you for reminding me about the receptionists at DL.

rockits

McGrath charge 75ph which seems right and decent value to me. Main dealer mechanics aren't brain surgeons!

Panicracing

DL in Swindon charge me £95 hr. I believe it's a reduced rate for older cars. Pre what year I'm not sure. Mine is 2005.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk