Assetto Corsa Winter Works

alfatwo

Going to leave the cam belt well alone and get someone else to do it at a later date.

While your at it check out the valve timing is correct via the rear chain vernier adjustments.. don't just assume everything's correct and refit the new belt exactly how the old one came off!

Dave

urquattrogus

Going to leave the cam belt well alone and get someone else to do it at a later date.

While your at it check out the valve timing is correct via the rear chain vernier adjustments.. don't just assume everything's correct and refit the new belt exactly how the old one came off!

Dave

Is that to get my potential extra 30-40bhp? The incorrect timing possible myth?

As I say, I won't be doing the belt myself.

How does one check the rear chain, I believed you can't just visually check and or it has to be pulled apart?

I have the manual and could borrow some dial gauges etc from work but don't think its that easy to check?

jluis

Is that to get my potential extra 30-40bhp? The incorrect timing possible myth?

As I say, I won't be doing the belt myself.

How does one check the rear chain, I believed you can't just visually check and or it has to be pulled apart?

I have the manual and could borrow some dial gauges etc from work but don't think its that easy to check?

It's a pain in the but to change it while the engine is in but some indies do it.
To just check the timing there is no need take out the engine or peek in the back chains, as long as you have the right tools

miket

That's BATTY can you not just get a length of the correct sized hose, although it wouldn't be formed to shape it would be a considerable saving!

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep I would for that money, if you buy original it will need doing again in the future that's for sure.

urquattrogus

This is the offending hose, Rose are going to give me a timescale for having one made.

IMG_1327.jpg

The hose is in ok condition, I would be happy re-fitting if I have to, but would rather fit new.

On another note, could someone please give me a photo and or explain where this heat shield should go. Mine was helpfully held on by one cable tie.

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Trev Latter

It fits under the expansion tank. Sorry, couldn't get a better pic with it in place, but it should be fairly clear when aligned.

IMG_1014.jpg

urquattrogus

Thanks for doing that Trev, yes I think it will become clearer once I offer it back up.

Went to see Joanne Shaw Taylor in London the other night, have you heard of her? "The future of Blues" according to some. Pretty darn good guitar player and signer.

Trev Latter

She is indeed rather good. Not seen her live, but heard a fair bit of her stuff. It's a bit fiddly getting the heat shield and tank all aligned, but straight forward enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mott The Hoople

Thanks for doing that Trev, yes I think it will become clearer once I offer it back up.

Went to see Joanne Shaw Taylor in London the other night, have you heard of her? "The future of Blues" according to some. Pretty darn good guitar player and signer.

Seen her twice in the last week. At the Great British Rock & Blues Festival, Skegness and at the Empire, Shepherds Bush. I go to a **** of a lot of gigs and I would say she's the second best guitarist I've ever seen in my life. Anyone care to guess at the best? She also writes her own songs, has a great voice and is an energetic performer. The complete package.
Steve.

Mott The Hoople

Seen her twice in the last week. At the Great British Rock & Blues Festival, Skegness and at the Empire, Shepherds Bush. I go to a **** of a lot of gigs and I would say she's the second best guitarist I've ever seen in my life. Anyone care to guess at the best? She also writes her own songs, has a great voice and is an energetic performer. The complete package.
Steve.

Cann't believe the word h.e.l.l. was starred out!

urquattrogus

Steve.

Awesome! This Gig was unusual for me in that I don't have any of her Albums and did not know any of the songs, I just booked the tickets on impulse. I enjoyed it. She started slowly and built up. At one stage I was thinking this is not as "bluesy" as I expected, but my jaw then dropped as they went into a BB king style slow and cool beat with amazing Guitar from JST.

I'm going to see Mac Demarco and Hayley Bonar in the next few months which should be good - I try and take advantage of being quite close to London, although it's a late train back on a weekday night!

As for who's the best.... I don't know? Hendrix?

Mott The Hoople

Awesome! This Gig was unusual for me in that I don't have any of her Albums and did not know any of the songs, I just booked the tickets on impulse. I enjoyed it. She started slowly and built up. At one stage I was thinking this is not as "bluesy" as I expected, but my jaw then dropped as they went into a BB king style slow and cool beat with amazing Guitar from JST.

I'm going to see Mac Demarco and Hayley Bonar in the next few months which should be good - I try and take advantage of being quite close to London, although it's a late train back on a weekday night!

As for who's the best.... I don't know? Hendrix?

Never saw him live - I'm only 60 at end of this year. My first gig was Mott The Hoople in 1973. Support was an outfit called Queen, whatever happened to them?

urquattrogus

Does anyone know if there is a specified tightening torque for the Allen headed bolts that hold on the inlet manifold?

Can't find it in the manual...

If not I was just going to go for a fairly low but even torque..

Evo Cymru

Evening!

I'm just at this point on my car - can I ask, on replacing the coolant manifold did you just replace the gaskets and use 'dry' or use any sealant as well? On removing mine I wasn't sure whether there was some there or it was crud of old deposits? I don't think the manual mentions anything but don't fancy sorting it after putting it all back together!

Any advice gratefully received!

Regards

Olly

Trev Latter

I used a little Blue Hylomar on the gaskets, but dry on the O rings. Make sure it's all properly clean and dry before reassembly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk