Bernie gone

P R

He's moaning about it now.. how can he expect to relieve a company of $6.4bn in selling, then think he will continue to run it as before!?

Wack61

So come on then, imagine your now sat in the big chair at F1....list your plan:

Start position decided by who has the best looking grid girls , compulsory for the one in your picture to be the judge or they'd be on pole every race

zagatoes30

Not really surprising, Bernie was well past his sell by date and his long hatred of anything other than TV audience and keeping his friends well feed has caused a lot of the the F! issues we have today.

Hopefully there will be more access via digital channels and money will be decided more equally across the teams and circuits. I would also like to see rules that allow more innovation, more choice of power trains, tyres, aero design etc. a bit like there is in the prototypes at Le Mans. It would also be good to see benefits given to encourage new teams to join by controlling costs or by giving them less stringent rules etc.

And finally let the drivers race but force them to stick to the track regardless of if they gain an advantage or not and stop pit to car radio communications.

Corranga

I'm glad Bernie is gone. He has undoubtedly done more for F1 than anyone else, to the point that many of us may well not have grown up with the sport / watched it at all had it not been for his efforts, but things have gone wrong in the past decade or so.

Not really surprising, Bernie was well past his sell by date and his long hatred of anything other than TV audience....

Hang on, Bernie didn't hate the TV audience?!

Top of list for me would be - bring back free to air F1.
I'd like to think that Liberty Media will move away from Sky (depending on the current deal I suppose..)

Surely benefits everyone, more possible viewers, more possible ad revenue, less Murdoch empire love.
Second for me would be trying to push F1 as a normal sport, and ditch the all this premium elitist ****.
It should be classy and the pinnacle, but also accessible. You shouldn't have to a massive premium for an official android app for example, and ticket prices... well..

Not convinced we'll see that big a change in the next season or 2 though.

MrMickS

I'm not sure that the move to FTA TV will come. Liberty Global, related to Liberty Media, are the largest cable company in Europe and I daresay that they'll be looking to re-coup some of the cash they've splashed out by taking advantage of that. The Sky deal from 2019 may come under scrutiny, in favour of them being able to do something themselves, but I reckon that pay TV is here to stay.

I'd like to see F1 play more on the heritage than chasing new money and boring tracks. I'd like to see more competition, which means a more even distribution of cash and a relaxation of some of the regs to promote difference and innovation. It won't happen though. F1 is a cash cow and will continue to be milked by the new masters.