Sportstars in the Park, Newby Hall 2017

MrMickS

Tickets are now available for display at Sportscars in the Park at Newby Hall on 7th May 2017.

This was my first SM event last year and it was great to meet everyone and spend time talking cars in the sunshine. It would be good to get as good a turn out as last year. We'll probably meet at Wetherby services again to arrive in convoy. Different from last year will be that display cars will be coming in using the exit, to get away from the chaos of arriving with show visitors.

Entry is £7 per person to display and tickets can be bought from http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/. If you put 'sportsmaserati.co.uk' as your car group they'll make sure we've enough space.

1. MrMickS

Terry

Sorry I won`t be able to make this - an invitation to a Golden Wedding party in Nottingham sadly means I`ll miss what looks to be an excellent day out, despite being in Yorkshire!!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
As I said somewhere else, it's the final day of the football season and I'm planning (hoping) to be in Newcastle to celebrate promotion. KO is at 12 though so I might well turn up to Wetherby and then continue north when others peel off to Newby.

atreyu1

Can you put your car next to the name? I'd be interested to know what is going...

1. MrMickS
2. Mjheathcote
3) Atreyu - 4200

MrMickS

It will be good to see you and your 4200 Chris

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200
4. Sheffield Chris - 4200

Someone is being shy, there are 5 down on the CITP web site ;)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
It will be good to see you and your 4200 Chris

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200

Someone is being shy, there are 5 down on the CITP web site ;)

I haven't got around to booking it yet (but going as above), so 2 being shy!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
There's a black Granturismo with the Leeds Supercar lot who isn't on here so it's likely him.

ChrisN

Sorry, I've been hibernating again. Yes, I'm up for Newby Hall and already obtained my ticket.

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200
5. ChrisN - Spyder

Disappointed to see a couple of event clashes this year.....

July 9 - Sharnbrook Italian Car Day
Mallory Bike Bonanza
Chateau Impney Hill Climb

August 20 - MITCAR
Cadwell Park BSB

Difficult decisions yet to make

Chris

sospanbach

hello chaps got my ticket for newby hall dave 3200gt grigio with the oxblood interior see you all there [sospanbach] fan of welsh rugby for my sins of which there are many lol

MrMickS

Current list is:

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200
5. ChrisN - Spyder
6. sospanbach - 3200GT

Corridore

Count me in

Current list is:

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200
5. ChrisN - Spyder
6. sospanbach - 3200GT
7. Corridore - 4200 GT

MrMickS

The original plan for this was to have a separate entrance for displaying cars than the general public. This has gone by the wayside (again) so we are going to be queuing with everyone else. Its probably worth us trying to get there are little earlier than last year.

More details about timings later once I've got the final info.

MrMickS

As everyone is going to be arriving through the same entrance and the issues that this caused last year I'm going to suggest aiming to get to Newby a bit earlier this year. With that in mind I propose that we meet at Wetherby Services, and struggle over the speed bumps, for 8:30 with a view to leaving at 8:45. That should get us to Newby by 9:15 or so which is well before the general public are due.

sospanbach

cant believe it just looked at dates for my footie clubs last game of the season same day as newby if it wasn't such a important game I would be at newby, we need to beat Fulham hope to meet you all another time apologies dave, looking at going to Brooklands now long haul but worth it