MC Victory Seats

Fives

The problem with the Recaro seat, and I love Recaro seats too (I have a pair of Recaro's in my 70's Stag with rear seat retrimmed to match), is that particular style is used in a lot of cars. Even Land Rovers FFS!

The Sparco is that little bit different and less common!

True. But, as I intend to get a special covering for the seats, that matches my 3200GT interior, without Recaro logos and probably with a Maserati Trident on the headrest... The seats won't look like that common. :D I'll try to get the carbon fibre body frame too but it won't be that easy... There is always the hydro-dipping solution, but I'm not found of that one.
Also, concerning the Sparcos, I find that the bucket borders are not as well designed as on the Recaros. I mean, they look a little bit softer and that do not look really like as a real good bucket seat. Well... It's my opinion ^^

Are you going to go for it?
Will be interesting to see the end result if you do!
I'll surely go for a solution in the forthcoming weeks. The Recaros seem to be the most probable, excepted if I find "cheap" real MC like seats. ^^
Sure, I'll post some photos as soon as I've done it. ;)

Contigo

Sponsor
Never had an issue with 3200 seats, yes they are not the most supportive but it's a GT car and the leather interior is sumptuous and a pleasure to sit inside. I'd not change anything personally.

Fives

Never had an issue with 3200 seats, yes they are not the most supportive but it's a GT car and the leather interior is sumptuous and a pleasure to sit inside. I'd not change anything personally.
Contigo, in any case, I'll keep the original seats in my garage. So, that won't change the value of the car.
Also, as long as I drive this car, the seats does not suit me at all. Too big, too high, too... grandpa. Perfect for an Automatic 3200GT for sure.
Moreover, the first pleasure with such a car is...driving. And I can't have fun with this car as long as I'm feeling like driving a truck. (I'm clearly too tall for the original seats)
So, that's why.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I do like supportive seats.
Changing to Recaro seats in my Stag transformed the driving experience.
I do find the 4200 seats.'okay', but I can imagine some of those Recaro or Sparco seats would increase the driving pleasure when pushing on a bit.

adam01

Re Sparco/MCV seats, limited adjustment ie height and back support. Also in hot weather dont breath well which is a bit uncomfortable on long runs

There were offered in a least to sizes when ordering the MCV - medium and i think large to cater for different body shapes.

(Have not found any suitable brackets for height adjustment)

Hexadex

What about GS seats. I'm 6ft and struggle in a 3200 or 4200, but my GS is fine as you sit lower. I'd still like to get the seats lower if I could.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I'm 6'5" heads nowhere near the roof in my GS

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Your legs must be really short if there's enough room for your head, even if it is hollow. :D

Fives

I do like supportive seats.
Changing to Recaro seats in my Stag transformed the driving experience.
I do find the 4200 seats.'okay', but I can imagine some of those Recaro or Sparco seats would increase the driving pleasure when pushing on a bit.
I completely agree with you !!

Re Sparco/MCV seats, limited adjustment ie height and back support. Also in hot weather dont breath well which is a bit uncomfortable on long runs

There were offered in a least to sizes when ordering the MCV - medium and i think large to cater for different body shapes.

(Have not found any suitable brackets for height adjustment)
There is also Recaro Sportster CS with an air cooling option. ^^

Hexadex, unless you drive your GS in lying position, I don't know how you do not touch the roof. By my side, I hate to be far from the steering wheel. I cannot have a good control on it if I do so, don't feel comfortable for driving. That's why my head is in the headliner. ^^

Yep I am same no issues with headroom, must be short legs long body syndrome!
Haha, if you'd saw my legs, you would not say it. X)

Well everyone, I keep you in touch as soon as I've done some step forward concerning the seats. Either the Recaro or the original ones.

Hexadex

My DB9 is a right ball ache for headroom I have to tilt my head to one side whilst driving

GeoffCapes

This sounds a bit like the thread with the guy who was 6ft and didn't buy a Testarossa as he couldn't fit in it!
I sat in a 512 TR and it was just about the most perfect seating position of any car I have sat in. And I'm 6ft 3".

My head doesn't touch the roof of my 4200 either! And I have short legs and a very long body.

CatmanV2

Perhaps it's all about how long your arms are....!
Eb

6'4" Arms a legs like a gibbon. No trouble at all with the seating in either a 4200 or GT.

Although I'd like the squabs to be a bit longer to provide more thigh support

C

Ebenezer

Long arms means that you can increase the seat rake. I'm not tall but have short legs, short arms and a long body (yes weird) so the seat has to be fairly upright for me to reach the wheel. Head brushing the roof of the QP. Interesting with a helmet on at Llandow last year!
However, I believe it's evolution working in my favour as I don't have problems with legroom on planes and trains :)
Eb

Fives

My DB9 is a right ball ache for headroom I have to tilt my head to one side whilst driving

This sounds a bit like the thread with the guy who was 6ft and didn't buy a Testarossa as he couldn't fit in it!
I sat in a 512 TR and it was just about the most perfect seating position of any car I have sat in. And I'm 6ft 3".

My head doesn't touch the roof of my 4200 either! And I have short legs and a very long body.

Perhaps it's all about how long your arms are....!
Eb

6'4" Arms a legs like a gibbon. No trouble at all with the seating in either a 4200 or GT.

Although I'd like the squabs to be a bit longer to provide more thigh support

C

Long arms means that you can increase the seat rake. I'm not tall but have short legs, short arms and a long body (yes weird) so the seat has to be fairly upright for me to reach the wheel. Head brushing the roof of the QP. Interesting with a helmet on at Llandow last year!
However, I believe it's evolution working in my favour as I don't have problems with legroom on planes and trains :)
Eb

Ok guys. I don't know how you're driving. Perhaps you can drive with your arms streched out, body inclined and far from the steering wheel, explaining your head do not touch the roof.
Anyway, the fact is that my head touch the roof, so, I'll find a solution without doing compromise on my driving position. ^^
I'll keep you up to date. ;)

CatmanV2

Ok guys. I don't know how you're driving. Perhaps you can drive with your arms streched out, body inclined and far from the steering wheel, explaining your head do not touch the roof.
Anyway, the fact is that my head touch the roof, so, I'll find a solution without doing compromise on my driving position. ^^
I'll keep you up to date. ;)

I just lie down ;)

You do what's right for you!

C