Windows slow - non-smear lubrication recommendations?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
No, not a computer problem. And not a sex question.

My QPV driver's window frequently will only move up and down about an inch at a time. Then it stops, but works again if you press the button again.
Don't know if the motor is tired, or maybe the 'anti-trap' switch is over-sensitive.
I was thinking of lubricating the seals, but then TridentTested said silicone on the bottom seal would smear.
Any lubrication recommendations - or other solutions?

Tipmethewink

Had pretty much the same problem with my car (not a Maser) and the dealer said the seal in the door was folded and catching the window (it must have been within the door 'cause it wasn't the seal at the top of the window that I could see, is that a bottom seal?). They straightened it up and lubricated it and that fixed it. I can't help you on lubricant 'cause it was smeared all over the window for a week or so but I assume it was silicone. It's not smearing any more though that I've noticed.

drewf

Either spray WD40/similar into the vertical guide only, or rub a little Vaseline into the same vertical guide with a finger.

conaero

Forum Owner
3 in 1 silicone spray. It dries non sticky and is what the dealers use pretty sure Halfords sell it:

IMG_4424.jpg

Gp79

Silicon spray works wonders with minimal residue.

You can 're teach' the windows (assume ones with an anti trap / over load function) on most cars by holding the button at its max travel for 5-10 seconds each way.

IMG_1069.jpg

outrun

Unbelievable. A thread on lube and it's not yet been hijacked with innuendo.

The shame of it. What's wrong people?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
We're waiting for Dem to pitch up. However, the women Dem ends up with, he doesn't need lube, he needs to Duck tape rocks to his c0ck so he can touch the sides.

spkennyuk

We're waiting for Dem to pitch up. However, the women Dem ends up with, he doesn't need lube, he needs to Duck tape rocks to his c0ck so he can touch the sides.

Are you suggesting Dem has a micro male chicken problem ! :)

safrane

I did hear reference to throwing a chipolata up Deansgate...not sue however if that was a reflection on Dem, the girl or both.

ChrisQP09

Careful, could be the regulator! I literally had to roll the window up on mine and tape it to the roof, stopping it from falling after regulator went!